Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Creative Chemistry Binder

Hi everyone,

Still can't believe that the online class creative chemistry 101 from Tim Holtz is over! I learned so much and I had a blast. I woke up every day with those great videos, a great way to start the day. But now it't time to store those technique tags and I made a binder for them and also for the instructions and forum questions. I have all the answers Tim gave in the forum printed out per day. That took some work, but now I have everything at hand. I made this binder from chipboard and I used a few techniques that we have learned in the classes. I also did the transfer technique with Multi Medium for the first time. That wasn't in class, but I knew you could use Multi Medium for it. A lot of fun to do!

Okay, I entering this binder with the new challenge site Frilly and Funkie. The first challenge is to show something vintage. I hope it's enough vintage and not too grungy.


Cover






I attatched transparancies to the tags and punched holes in them so I could put them in the binder. The text and images of Tim are made blury, so you can't read it, because I'm not allowed to share it.




From every technique we did we got a small reference to paste on the backside of the tag. That's for quick reference.


These are the forum answers from Tim and I've copied and pasted them and put them into this binder.


Backside

A nice end of this course. I will grab this binder often to take another look at the techniques and also watch the videos to hear about the properties of the products again. The why's and the do's and the don'ts, and things like that. It's great that Tim was there for us during this whole experience!

Below are all the products I've used for this binder....





Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

29 comments:

deborahdoh said...

Beautiful binder! thanks for sharing.

Muecke 48 said...

Lovely idea and very well done. Congrats on a successful project.
Regards Gisa from germany

Barbara said...

Astounding, really!

Vic said...

It's beautiful!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow, Sandra... this is gorgeous! I'm loving Your Vintage Style. The colors and flowers are just stunning. What an awesome book to have on your shelf for when you need a little inspiration. So glad you joined us for the first Frily & Funkie challenge!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Holy cow WOW!!! I think you win the award for being in love with CC101 the most!!! This binder rocks and rolls! I'm jealous! So many elements and layers, and gorgeous deep colors...wow! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!

Tammy said...

Sandra!!
WOWZERS!! You did a BEAUTIFUL job on your binder:) I especially love the bird that looks to be made from the Kraft resist:) thank for sharinf and be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Sandy said...

Sandra you are so organized and I know it took a while to accomplish this.I am going to do something similar with the tags I have made so far and then the more to come. Your book is divine - I love it!
Sandy

Terry said...

Well then! You have really grouped all the lessons together in such a fabulous way! Gorgeous! Love this idea and I plan on putting mine in a notebook, but now will have to fancy it up a little! Great share and brilliant work! Love it!

Terry said...

Oh, big thanks for joining our first challenge at Frilly and Funkie, my friend!

Patricia said...

OHHHHH wat is dit GAAF zeg, ik heb echt spijt dat ik niet ben ingestapt!!!!!
Echt super super super mooi gemaakt Sandra!
Groetjes Patricia

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

WOW die is echt heel gaaf geworden!! (ik wist het wel...) Prachtig, heel erg gaaf dat je alles van de cursus hebt uitgeprint en bewaard, zo leuk om later weer eens in te kijken!!!

Liefs,
Leintje*

Bethan said...

Absolutely stunning!

Kathy Eddy said...

What a fantastic way to store your technique tags form class. I love the cover with the bird!

Ivy (Ivette) said...

Beautiful work Sandra! I love the way it all came together. Very, very nice!! You pull this together fast! I'm also working on a project for my tags, not as quick as you are. I really, really like your book. ; )
Ivette

Maria said...

This is utterly amazing!! I love it!! What an awesome way to store the Creative Chem class -- this is going to be sooo handy for you, with everything all in one place! Ooh, and I can't wait to start using Thumblinky - I plan on using it for all my Tim projects, just like you! Have a fabulous rest of your day, my friend! :)

Stamped Impressions said...

Gorgeous Cover!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! This is sensational!! Not only have you made a gorgeous piece of art and had a lot of enjoyment out of making it, but now you have a fabulous reference binder - lovely to look at and super handy to have. I haven't even had time to finish watching the classes - wish I had time to make a reference like that though! And no, I don't think it is too grungy for our challange, actually you can't get too grungy for our challenge!

I'm thrilled that you joined in the fun with us for our first challenge over at Frilly and Funkie. Thank you so much for playing along and I hope you will be a regular with us!

Hugs,
Linda

Manu said...

Outstanding work!
I love it... and I will take the inspiration for creating a binder for CC101 too (don't you mind?)
I also love that you add the list of products you used.
You now really have to change your blinkie from partecipant into those with GRADUATED!
Hugs,Creativity and Happy Easter form Italy
Manu

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Your book is beautiful! I think I will start making a book for techniques too, you know those ideas and techniques that leave you wondering now how did I do that... :-) Thanks so much for sharing with us! Cheryl

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Really nice binder! I haven't decided how I want to store mine yet. I am thinking about a tin I can add to as I come up with new techniques. Happy crafting.

Cornelie said...

wauw hé! wat heb je dat mooi gemaakt!! Prachtig naslagwerk!

Camille Robinson said...

What a keepsake from the experience-I love it!

Mary said...

I love it. Thanks for sharing. Mary

Cis-sy said...

Echt super cool!!! Ik had ook zo'n zelfde idee alleen nogsteeds geen tijd gehad om de class af te ronden (shame on me!)

Groetjes xoxo Cis-sy

bessie said...

love this!

Sandi said...

stunning, something to go back to time and time again. Thanks for sharing, Hugs

anna christensen crafts said...

I think your binder is brilliant! What a fantastic project to have created - the colours on the cover are absolutely perfect - A stunning creation. I love it xx