Monday, September 1, 2014

Bold number stamping

Hi everyone,

It's September and that means STAMPtember at Simon Says Stamp. This month is entirely dedicated to stamping and this also goes for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. The theme for this week is 'Bold Stamping'! Do you want to stamp with a bright bold color or maybe you have a big bold stamp, or be in any other way bold in your stamping. Go for it, we want to see it!



This week I worked my art journal and I stamped with the bold numbers of the Purveyor set. I think that stamp is really cool. It was time for much texture and dimension. And I started with a layer of Gesso  and after that was dry I applied the mesh I got at the hardware store. I applied multiple layers of Multi Medium Matte ​​to make sure that I was propely adhered.



When it was dry, I applied a few different colors of Distress Ink to my Craft Sheet and with a bit of water and a brush, I applied the ink as if it were watercolor. The next step was playing with some Embossing Paste and the Bubble stencil for more texture.



Finally it was the Bold numbers turn. Think it's a cool effect stamping on an uneven surface. Despite my attempts to adhere the mesh down, two pieces got loose so I removed them. Because of the Multi Medium you hardly see that those pieces aren't there anymore.




50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

18 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful, Sandra! Off to pin this spread so I can enjoy it another day.

crafty creations said...

Amazing pages - so much to see the background is fantastic Sandra

I've just linked mine

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful journal pages, Sandra. The colors and textures are awesome. :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Awesome art journal pages Sandra! Love all the texture and bold stamping!

Jenny Marples said...

Well isn't this the perfect theme for you Sandra! Love these pages - so dramatic. Jenny x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Awesome pages! Love love love the texture and the sentiment!

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning art journal page with such creative stamping.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

You have so many gorgeous layers and textures here! I loved looking at the detailed pictures. I always enjoy your projects and especially love the stitching around the edges!

Anonymous said...

loving your use of the numbers! gorgeous!

Terry said...

This is bold and beautiful, Sandra! Love the pages with all that great texture! Hugs and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Michelle said...

Love these pages! You've done a wonderful job creating those inky pages. Love them!

Stephanie said...

Fab art journaling!! Loving all this texture :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

barbarayaya62 said...

SAndra I love all the texrures that you've used! I adore your style! barbarayaya

Anonymous said...

Great journal page Sandra! Wonderful texture. Karen.x

Sandy said...

Wonderful journal page - Sandra you are so creative!
Sandy xx

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous journal page and I love all the details and wonderful texture you've incorporated into it! Love it... :) Hugs xo

Anna-Karin said...

This is so cool Sandra! Love all the wonderful texture and those grungy stamped numbers.

Suzanne C said...

I love the bold bright colors with the graphic letters! Beautiful pages. The mesh adds such a fantastic touch!