Monday, May 23, 2016

Boy and girl birthday cards with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about making a wish. We usually make a wish before blowing out the birthday candles, but you could create something with a wish in mind. We look forward to see what you create!



For me it's birthday season at the moment and therefor also birthday card making season. The theme of this week is an enormous help to me. That's why I made two cards this time. One for a birthday girl and one for a birthday boy.

  

I started with the Simon Says Stamp Birthday Frame die. I've cut off the bottom piece so that it became a standard frame instead of a polaroid frame. With different types of Washi tape I taped it in place. But before I did, I first cut down 2 Found Relatives cards to make them fit inside the frame. (It's also fun to fill them with pictures of the real birthday boy or girl.)

  

Both cards I made the same way. Only the colors are different and the girls card I've done more stamping with the Meadow Lark stamp set.



VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

14 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Sandra, I love the vintage look of these, absolutely fabulous! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

Wonderful cards, Sandra! I love how you used washi tape to hold down the frames. The backgrounds are amazing and I love the design of your cards too. Cathie

Stephanie said...

Totally fab birthday cards, Sandra! Your video was a great reference for tips and tricks :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Great cards...great photos...great design, and just plain fun!

Billie A said...

Awesome. Brings back memories of my relatives. Great tips.

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful cards Sandra...off to make a cuppa...sit back and enjoy the video..nhugs kath xxx

Anna-Karin said...

Wonderful cards Sandra!! I love the backgrounds, and it is a great use of those images. hugs!

Maura said...

It certainly is a birthday month!! Your cards are wonderful, Sandra! I LOVE the vintage images you are using and how you match the Queen and King places to them!

Barbara said...

I adore the way you use Simon's die! Fantastic! Barbara

Macarena said...

Taadaaam! I love it! I love it! I love it! Like any previuos project! You know why :-) I adore the colors and the vintage picture and all the stamped details. The Clear Glitter Marker is an amazing finish, going to my wish list... Huuuugs, Marzena

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your gorgeous cards, Sandra. You are always sweet and your cards are always so delightful! Thank you for the great inspiration! :)

Beulah Bee said...

What a great way to use Tim's photos!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Love how these turned out! What great frames, which could be used in any situation. So fun!

Sandy said...

I think I am proving just how far behind I can get although I try hare not to get behind. From boy to man - such handsome men!
Sandy xx