Monday, September 12, 2016

Night at the Cinema card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about At the Movies, it's a film inspired challenge and we are showcasing Spellbinder Products. You don’t have to use them to join in with the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.

For this challenge I was not inspired by a particular film, but by going to the movies. Every week I go to the cinema and watch a movie with a friend of mine. The Spellbinder product I used was the Picnic Embossing Folder as a background for my cinema. It was a bit scary, because I didn't realize Spellbinders doesn't work with the standard Sizzix sandwich. I nearly wrecked my Vagabond ... Whoops!

 

I had to think of a moment about what color I would give this stone wall, of course it had to be Fired Brick. For a bit of the distressed look I used Ground Espresso. The edges are done with Distress Crayon Black Soot.

 

The Pediment (Thanks Marzena!) I painted black with a Dabber made some texture. After the paint was dry, I applied Distress Crayon  Picket Fence to create the look as if it was concrete. The edges I made darker with Distress Crayon Black Soot.
The lightbox is simply made with a piece of white cardstock and darkened the edges with Black Soot Distress Crayon.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

12 comments:

Macarena said...

Fabulous! I love the background, the overall red and black details! Did you know I almost break my Big Shot as well because I didn't know the embossing folder didn't work with its sandwich? I know well your scarry feeling! The brick embossing looks absolutely stunning! Hugs, Marzena

Maura said...

Glad to hear nothing got wrecked and now we know not to do that, so thanks! Such a cool brick background for your card! Love the deep red and black, and the marquee really pops! Makes me feel like I am going to an old movie theater! xx maura

Tammy Tutterow said...

Yep, the Spellbinders embossing folders are super thick which help make a nice deep impression. Just drop a cutting pad from your Sizzix sandwich and you should be fine. Thank you so much for featuring my Picnic folder, I love what you created!

Barbara said...

As always your work is gorgeous! The background is fantastic! my wish list of Spellbinders products is growing!!! barbara

Stephanie said...

How cool, Sandra! Love the composition of this!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Catherine said...

I love the embossing folder you used for your background, Sandra! After this week's challenge, I've got a long wish list of Spellbinders products.

Cathie ♥

Kath Stewart said...

awesome project Sandra...your background is amazing...hugs kath xxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful creation, Sandra. The background texture you created is awesome. :)

Anna-Karin said...

Fantastic project Sandra! Love the brick background and that you did 'admit one' in white. I love going to the movies too.

Emma Williams said...

This is fantastic Sandra...such a striking project and I love all the texture and the colour! I had exactly the same problem as you with the embossing folder and no matter what sandwich I used, it didn't work and in the end I gave up but so happy to see that yours worked...yay! Hugs x

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous panel Sandra, I love the whole design of this, absolutely fabulous 😍❤️❤️
Luv
Lols X X X

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

That brick background is pretty much genius! It reminded me of so many movie theaters I attended and brought back a lot of good memories. I love how you made it into a scene!