Monday, January 9, 2017

Be Square Thank you card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Be Square".
I adore the Infusions Stains, but I have to admit this is my second attempt. The first one had become a muddy mess. Sometimes it doesn't goes they way I thought it would... What works best for me, is first apply a base coat with a paint, in this case Opal Magic Rose Gold paint, and then apply the Infusions with a mix of Mod Podge and water. If all that is dry I use Infusions with water. It doesn't stain as much because of the first layer of paint. The Opal Magic gives it  a sort of golden shimmer in some places. Love that effect!

 

The droplets are also a new love of mine. Those little embellishments are the perfect touch and thet really look like water droplets. I use Tacky Glue to adhere with them, it dries transparent.The Flamingo die (thanks Marzena!) is designed by Kelly Purkey several years ago for STAMPtember. Unfortunately, it's no longer available, but Simon Says Stamp has other beautiful Flamingo similar dies, like this one from Echo Park. I started with a white flamingo die cut, and tried to color it. But that was a big fiasco (and have it cut out of the video, LOL) so I covered it up with a lot of black paint with a dabber top. This made the texture which fits perfectly, they look like feathers to me. It even worked out well with the beak. So happy with this lucky coincidence.

 
VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

18 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, I love the background, the colours and textures are absolutely fabulous and I love the flamingo too, the whole design is awesome! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

Love your background with all the texture and beautiful colors, Sandra! I love that sweet flamingo too.

Cathie ♥

Dawn Darlene said...

Who doesn't love flamingos?!! :)

Marty F said...

Love this! Great textures and love how the background is pink instead of the flamingo. Awesome!

Maura said...

Ok, ready to head to the tropics and look for pink flamingos!! Awesome card, Sandra! Love the box texture and the luscious pinks topped with the flamingo-just perfect!!

Stephanie said...

Pretty design!! Neat take to make the flamingo black and the background pink :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Terry said...

What an awesome Flamingo! Sandra, I am not that active as you may have figured out in the blogging world, but once in awhile when I post for AO, I take the time to visit blogs and am always happy I did. Love this!

Sherrie K. said...

WOW, what a great design! I LOVE the background and the flamingo is beautiful!
Sherrie K

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow.. you card is gorgeous, Sandra. Love the pretty color scheme and the beautiful texture on the background. :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What fantastic layers you've built up here and the color palette is so unique! Also, who else in the universe would be able to make a black flamingo look awesome? You go, girl!

Art By Wanda said...

Love this!!!!!!!

Macarena said...

Absolutely awesome! I loooove the stencil and it goes to my must have list :-)
Great usage of Infusions, love the final color of the background. Hugs, Marzena

Barbara said...

So beautiful SAndra! Pink is not my color but you use it in a shades absolutely wonderful! Love so much the textures and the flamingo! Barbara

Kath Stewart said...

wow Sandra...your card is so gorgeous and I loved watching you create that stunning background xxx

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

I am in love witht he color palette you choose for this card!
as always, thanks for the video! i love it too!

Emma Williams said...

I just love everything about this from the background to the colour palette and the flamingo...it's perfect, Sandra! Hugs :)

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card Sandra!! Love the background and all the pink, and the flamingo is wonderful.

Greta said...

Gorgeous colors--so elegant! Love this card!