Monday, April 24, 2017

Number 70 card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "We've got your number".



This card I've made for my mother's 70th birthday. I started to build up a background with Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide. What a cool effect these Oxides give. I always have to hold myself in because you can make as many layers as you like. I haven't count the layers, but I'm thinking about 7 or maybe 8...

 

I've added some depth and interest with different Distress Oxide inks and number stamps. Oxides work better for stamping ink then Distress Ink. And what the best part is that you can stamp light colors on dark backgrounds.

 

As a little girl I picked wildflowers for my mother's birthday. So I used these Wildflowers (thanks Marzena!) and colored with Metallique Waxes Rose Gold, Old Silver and Bronze Age. On an even surface, it's very easy to apply an even layer so it appears that the paper original has that color. Often the waxes are used for highlights, so I'm pleased that I can use it for coloring even surfaces as well.


VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:



http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/come-visit-pop-shop-2-days/

Unfortunately all the tickets for the CREATE Event that Simon Says Stamp hosts are sold out. But know that you can visit the pop up store that is build for that event is open to the public, so if you're in Columbus on April 28th or 29th, come over and  pop  in! There will be all sorts of fun things to do besides shopping in this amazing SSS pop-up store. Check out all the details here.

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

13 comments:

Catherine said...

I love watching your process, Sandra. The colors of oxides you used look amazing together and the design is awesome. So pretty!

Cathie ♥

Macarena said...

Your welcome :-) Amazing how the layers of Oxide are hard to stop be making! Can't wait my ordered Oxides and putting myself in the trance of unstoppable background building :-) Greta colors, so soft and warm. Hugs, Marzena.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a wonderful card! I think your colors are always amazing and I love how this piece manages to be vibrant and a bit muted at the same time. Your layering is too-notch and I especially like the way you incorporated the flower silhouettes.

Lexxie said...

Love the look of the oxide inks and the wildflower die, all on my wishlist!
Beautiful work,
Sarita x

Maura said...

Gorgeous card, Sandra! I love the beautiful colors, makes me feel like we are getting into spring! The numbers look great as a layer in the background! hugs, Maura

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, I am sure your Mum loves this! The background is fabulous, I really enjoyed watching the video 😊

Luv
Lols x x x

Billie A said...

Beautiful. I love the look, colors, design. Stunning.

Meihsia Liu said...

Love love love this gorgeous card, Sandra. The background colors are awesome! :)

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for your Mom's special birthday...I'm sure she adored it...hugs kath xxx

Emma Williams said...

A really pretty card that I'm sure your Mum is going to adore just as much as I did...it's gorgeous Sandra! Hugs :)

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card Sandra! Your mum is going to love it. The background is amazing with all the layers and textures and colours and I also love the flowers. Hugs!

Barbara said...

Wonderful card! So bright! Love how you've used new Metallic Wax! Background is fabulous, love the Oxides! Barbara

UplayOnline said...

The background colors are awesome! :)


หีฟิต