Monday, November 20, 2017

Tear up Christmas card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Tear it Up".



For this card I used nothing torn as part of the card, but as a tool for a technique. I torn a piece of paper and used that as a stencil to make layers of snow. For this I used Nuvo Mousse Pure Platinum together with a Blending Tool. Then I went over with Distress Oxide Iced Spruce. The Nuvo Mousse acts as a resist to the Distress Oxide.


 

With the Winter Wonderland die, I cut out two deer and colored them with Distress Oxide Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo. In addition, I used the snow as a stencil with Nuvo Mousse Pure Platinum. The Nuvo Mousse is my new favorite product. I ordered a number of colors, so I think I will use them much more often in the future.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

17 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra :-) I love how you used torn paper to create a stencil, brilliant idea, and the whole winter wonderland scene is beautiful :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Macarena said...

The icy and shiny layers of snow are just fantastic! What a cool technique and great result. I love the silver snow you made with a die-stencil and I am sure you will use the "stencil" for some next project as a background, can't wait to see how. I love the cute scene and the star hanging from above. Hugs, Marzena

Petra L said...

Mooi Sandra, heel mooi.

Lieve groet, Petra

Maura said...

Lovely layers, Sandra! Your scene is lovely, and I like how you pop the deer out, and those clear bubbles add to the snow scene! hugs, Maura

Linda Kunsman said...

such a beautiful and peaceful looking scene.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! The brown and blue colour palette with those clear droplet embellishments is amazing 😁. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a great card! I love how you added texture in the background and that star in the circle really adds something bold and unexpected. This is warm and cuddly and powerful, too! Great combination of elements!

Greta said...

Wonderful card--love how you used the torn paper for the hills!

Beulah Bee said...

I just love this original vibe and terrific composition. More please!

Barbara said...

One word: ADORABLE! love the design, the die used as stencil, the colors, so lightful, fabulous piece Sandra! barbara

Catherine said...

I'm in love with the beautiful soft colors of platinum and blue together. The whole design is so peaceful and gorgeous!

Cathie ♥

Emma Williams said...

This is so pretty and the colours you've used are beautiful, it really creates such a peaceful and gorgeous scene! Hugs :)

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful card, Sannie!!!

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous card Sandra! I love the soft colouring, the snowy hills and of course the deer. The snow in the sky looks wonderful too. I hope you had a good weekend! Hugs!

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow.. this is such a gorgeous card, Sandra. The texture and colors on the background are amazing. :)

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Sandra, love your idea of using the torn paper as a stencil...hugs kath xxx

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

I love this Christmas Card! So delicate!!