Monday, December 18, 2017

Party Invite with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Party!". This challege lasts for two weeks!


The party season is almost here and a little later is my birthday and like every year I made my invitations. The years are flying by. Something too fast for my liking. Anyway, let me tell you how I made this invitation. I started with a base layer of Nuvo Mousse Pure Platinum. This gives the surface a metallic shimmer, but it is also partially water-resistant. The thicker the layer, the more it becomes water-resistant.




 

The mousse is almost immediately dry after you apply it. So on with the next layer. After I masked off a part of the card, I used the Rings Doily stencil with Texture Paste. The next step was to apply color and I did that with Infusions Sunset Beach, Are You Cerise? and Lemoncello. The first layer was with some Mod Podge mixed with water and then only with water and Infusions.

 

I stamped the Block Lower Foam Stamps with the Stamp Platform and aligned the letters with a ruler. I temporarily replaced the second i with the l because of the spacing between the letters. Foam stamps and VersaMark do not seem to get along  very well, or I have used too little ink, but with the black embossing powder it gives a very cool distressed look.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


v 50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

16 comments:

Macarena said...

Very cool! Lovely background on both top and bottom parts. I love the effect the stencil gave and the colors that infusions blended. Great texture and stunning effect. Love the distressed look of the foam letters too, maybe it's better the ink wasn't working well. Wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year, my friend! Hugs, Marzena

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous party invitation Sandra! the colours and textures are fabulous and I love the embossed letters too! I wish I lived nearer so that I can come to your party too ;-)

Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a fabulous 2018!! :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your party invites. The mousse you used is really cool. Have a great week, a merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy new year 2018. Hugs, Valerie

Catherine said...

Wow, what awesome invitations, Sandra! I love the colors and design. The texture of the doily stencil is so beautiful. I just love this! I want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cathie ♥

Linda Kunsman said...

fabulous party invitations! Happy birthday to you! Thanks so much for all the DT inspiration, and have a beautiful holiday season.

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous background, Sandra! Loving the texture!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Mimi said...

Very interesting process with awesome results! Thanks for the description of the mousse-- I've been reading about people using it and it sounds so interesting...

Maura said...

Wow! Pretty in pink! Lovely card, Sandra with the layers of color and wonderful textures. Love how you use the curved shape and circles! Great invite! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and joyous and blessed New Year! hugs, Maura

Maura said...

PS - Your card arrived in the post today - I LOVE it!! Such a beautiful scene, inside and out! It will be going into my treasure box at the end of the season. Thank you!!

Tee said...

Merry Christmas & A Wonderful New Year! Tee

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a beautiful card! What skills you have at combining patterns and textures in such stunning ways. I also love to see how you use different supplies and stamps. You always make me want to buy what you've used, so thanks for introducing me to such great products. And a HUGE thanks for the gorgeous Christmas card! I will treasure it always and feel honored to have something handmade from an artist that I admire so much. Thank you, thank you and I wish you every good thing in 2018!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a gorgeous creation, Sandra. The texture on the background is awesome. Wishing you a very happy new year! :)

Barbara said...

Pink!!!!!!! Your incredible use of this color is stunning, love the mix of black and pink, it's so beautiful! barbara

Kath Stewart said...

wow, the background is amazing on this beautiful card Sandra...hugs kath xxx

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

yummi color and texture, loved the video!! as always thank you for sharing them!!! xx

vaiybora said...

Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.

หนังดราม่า