Monday, January 15, 2018

Birds of a Fearther art journal spread with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Birds of a Feather".



It was time for an art journal spread once again. I started to stamp the edges with the Halftone stamp. Then I gave the bottom a light green color with Opal Magic Green-Gold paint and the top a light blue color with Nuvo Mousse Aquamarine. On top I've applied Copper Crackle Paste with the Ricket stencil.

 

When the crackle paste was dry, I played around with the infusions to create more depth and more color. And of course it needed birds, and I chose the Scribbly Birds. I colored them with Distress Oxide, the left one is a redbreast/robin and the right one is a cardinal. Well, that is what I hope they  look like, LOL!

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

18 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous journal pages Sandra :-) the little birds are so cute, and yes they do look like a robin and a cardinal ;-) the background is fabulous and I love the colours and details, so arty and pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Macarena said...

Oh yes, this is what I love. All the stps of your artistic genius. I guess it's the largest video of yours, right? So cool. I love what you make with layers of different colors on the backgrounds. It always amaze me. Love the couple of birds and the way you colored them. Hugs, Macarena

Catherine said...

Beautiful journal pages, Sandra! I love all the layers and beautiful colors and watching your process is always a weekly treat for me! Amazing!

Cathie ♥

maj. said...

This is gorgeous, such pretty colours and embellies!

vaiybora said...

I love all the layers and beautiful colors and watching your process is always a weekly treat for me! Amazing!

หนังผจญภัย

erinsparler.com said...

Dear Sandra,
My design team member Dawn, sent me a link to your blog. You do beautiful work. I love your most recent post with the snow. We are getting lots of it here. lol.

I'm the owner of a chipboard embellishment company: EyeConnectCrafts.com
We are looking for 2 new design team members.

I would like to invite you to submit work. The 2 people selected will receive over $200 of their choice of our designs! The 2 selected designers will create blog posts for us - just once a month - and we will promote the work, and you, on all fo our social media channels. Also the selected designers will get special shipments of brand new product prototypes long before they hit the shelves.
Here are the details of the design team call:
http://www.eyeconnectcrafts.com/win-over-200-worth-of-craft-products/

Please feel free to share this with your friends and followers.
Sincerely,
Erin

--
Erin Sparler, Owner
"Connect with fun and educational crafts for you and your children!"

White Star Light said...

I love these pages!!! Wonderful!!!

Tee said...

Beautiful colors and layering!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful art journal pages! I enjoyed watching your video and seeing all the detail and layers that you created - amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! J 😊

Maura said...

Awesome pages, Sandra! Love the bold zig zag pattern in the background, with the delightful birds and plants! hugs, Maura

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your gorgeous journal pages, Sandra. The background you created and the die cut embellishments are so beautiful. Love the cute birds, too. :)

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Sandra this is my favorite art journal page!!! Love the patterned in the background it is such a big statement!! I love watching your videos, it pushes me to do more!! Thank you for always being a creative inspiration! xx

Emma Williams said...

Great pages, Sandra! I love the pops of pink and all the little details you've added to bring the whole piece of art together and those birds have never looked so good, it's gorgeous! Hugs...

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful journal pages Sandra! I love that gorgeous background, with the wonderful colors, and the birds are stunning.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I really love what you've done here! I especially like the way you colored the wildflower dies with different shades. Gorgeous!

Amber Sheaves said...

This is such a great page. I like all the elements you chose to use. And while I do not like birds, I have to relunctantly say that those birds by Dina are almost cute! :)

Barbara said...

Spectacular pages Sandra! Love love love your use of Crackle paste , copper is one of my favorite colors! Love the background, love the little birds, love everything about it! Barbara

Kath Stewart said...

amazing pages Sandra, love the use of the Chevron stripes...hugs kath xxx