Monday, April 23, 2018

Flower Power birthday card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Flower Power".



Flowers give me a lot of inspiration, to use them in my projects, but also because of their beautiful colors. For my card I used the Botanical Collage Paper. This is really beautiful on its own, but it's also fun to color it. This time I used Infusions to give the background a color as well as the botanical part. For the coloring I've used Matte Matte with the Infusions and a pencil.

 

Then I used MicroGlaze to apply a resist layer. Although I doubt whether it was necessary, since Matte Medium is also already resistant. Next time I'll try without it ... For the background I used 3 different colors of Infusions and let the colors flow together with water. After repeating this one more time, I also added some color with Infusions and a pencil in a few different places.

 

The card is reasonably dark of all the color which is perfect for adding some highlighting with a white pen. And because I've used MicroGlaze and Matte Medium, the white pen will stay white. I also used the Flickering Butterflies from the new Simon Says Stamp release.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

16 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra :-) I love how you used the college paper and the colours with the white pen highlights are fabulous! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

scrappallino said...

What a beauty! I absolutly adore this card!

Macarena said...

Oh! What a pity my B-day is in January! Love this card! So colorful and blooming! The botanical paper is amazing, I have it still untouched :-) And I think you definitely should be an Infusions brand ambassador, you work with them so well, so much and in such a creative ways! Love your card! Hugs, Marzena

Stephanie said...

Stunning Birthday card, Sandra! I just love the rich greens and reds that complement each other so well :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Beulah Bee said...

I love the way you have used the collage paper in such an original and spectacular way!

Maura said...

Beautiful card, Sandra! Very rich in color and design, and the white highlights are a perfect touch. This would make a wonderful Christmas card too. Maura

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh the dark romance of this chic card...love the flower!

Kate Yetter said...

Wow! Your background is so beautiful. Vintage and vibrant. LOVE!
Kate

Anna Tracy said...

Love this... I just bought some Infusions.

Barbara said...

You're amazing! This card is outstandig! Love how you used Tim collage paper and the background.... fabulous!

simo said...

Beautiful card Sandra...it recalls to mind a secret luscious garden...just perfect! Hugs xxx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Once again, this is one of my favorite cards you've ever done! The way it has a watery-magical feel is remarkable. You can make those muddy tones SING with the way you mix colors into it so brilliantly. I've really been loving and utilizing your video techniques, so thanks for all the work you do to put those together for our benefit!

Kath Stewart said...

this is such a beautiful card Sandra, love the background colours and wow you made that botanical collage paper sing, hugs kath xxx

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous card Sandra and love what you've done with the collage paper ~ it looks amazing and the colours are beautiful! Hugs :)

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fantastic card! Sandra. The background and the flower image are gorgeous. Love your unique and beautiful design! :)

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

wow beautiful card Sandra!!!! Love how deep it is!