Monday, May 21, 2018

Deco Diamonds card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Inspired by a Song".



This card is inspired by the stamp Deco Diamonds of the new release of Simon Says Stamp: Sending Sunshine. It immediately reminded me of Diamonds by Rihanna. First I used the Deco Diamonds stamp on Distress Heavystock and applied after using VersaMark some White Embossing Powder.


 

Then I started with 3 different colors of Infusions. I often use Infusions one color at a time, but this time I've applied Blackcurrant, Green Man and Slime all together. With a mister (my Ditress Sprayer is broken...boohoo) I mixed the colors and with a Heat Tool I let it all dry. I repeated this twice until I had reached the right color. In the background I've made some music references, like the Music to My Ears stamp and the numbers 1234, as in a quadruple.

 

I really liked the Paper Dolls when they were released, but I was to incorperate them in my projects, and now I can't seem to not use them in my projects, LOL! The Deco Diamonds have something retro, so a perfect match with this cute vintage boy.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:



50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

14 comments:

Beulah Bee said...

Your card shines bright like a diamond, you've used the new stamp masterfully--the black makes the design pop and the warm intense colors peeking through--it's SO good!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Sandra :-) I love the background, the infusions with the white embossing looks gorgeous and the vintage boy is so handsome! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Barbara said...

Sandra this card is outstanding! Colors, background and design are absolutely brilliant! LOve every single detail! Fab work! barbara

Macarena said...

I absolutely must have this stamp, since I miss it in my collection :-) I loved to see how the colors spread after you activated the infusons with water, the first reveal of color was just magic! Geat background and this pattern is really cool making your card so elegant! Hugs, Marzena

Stephanie said...

WOW! Stunning color combo and emboss resist! LOVE this background!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Maura said...

Sandra, I think this just might be my favorite card of yours yet! I love your dark background, and then how you stamped the diamonds in white - utterly awesome!!! hugs, Maura

Paper Wishes said...

Really impressive card. The background is so effective and the whole effect is quite distinctive.

Cathy said...

Fabulous card, I absolutely love your background! Cathy x

Emma Williams said...

Such a great card, Sandra ~ the colours, the details and wow...that background, it's just all so cool and I love it! Hugs :)

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fabulous card, Sandra. All the details and the whole design are amazing. :)

Anna-Karin said...

That background is wonderful with the white embossing and all the dark shades of color. I love this card Sandra! Hugs!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This background is GORGEOUS! Wow, wow, wow! I love the diamonds and how you colored them. I always admire the way you think of interesting techniques and take the time to make videos to share those techniques with us.

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - the background is amazing - it's almost an optical illusion, making those diamonds dimensional. Love the effect of the rainbow Infusions within the white embossed stamping. Brilliant!
Alison x

Kath Stewart said...

wow wow wow, love the effect you achieved with the Deco Diamonds and Infusions, hugs kath xxx