Monday, July 16, 2018

Sparkly Botanical card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Add a Little Sparkle".


As my starting point I used the Botanical 3D Texture Fade (Thanks, Marzena!). With a blending tool and foam, I applied Opal Magic Green-Gold Paint all over. With the blending foam, it's possible to apply an equal coat of paint. This tip I saw in Mixed Media Jen's video.


 

My inspiration for this card was a vintage curtain / wallpaper. The Botanical 3D Texture Fade is reminiscent of that. With College Medium mixed with water and with different colors Infusions I gave the flowers and the leaves a first layer of color. Then some extra Infusions sprayed with water to give more interest and color variation.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

11 comments:

Lagene said...

AWESOME creation, I love this embossing folder! Thanks for the video!

Lorraine A said...

GORGEOUS card Sandra! the embossed design is beautiful and I love the colours and stamped text, absolutely fabulous! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Maura said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! It feels like vintage wallpaper, and so dimensional and lovely, Sandra! hugs, Maura

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Sandra! Love the texture with the 3d plate. I just saw it yesterday at the store. I knew I should have picked it up! :) Great coloring technique.

Macarena said...

This looks like a quick card, right? And I didn't imagine that such a messy way of coloring could look so pretty! The result is really totally interesting. Love the dark colors, too. Hugs, Marzena

Kath Stewart said...

wow, love the colouring on the 3D texture fade with just a hint of shimmer, hugs kath xxx

Emma Williams said...

That background is absolutely stunning Sandra and you've really bought the embossing folder to life ~ its spectacular and I love it! Hugs :)

cheiron said...

Beautiful card Sandra! I love how you have colored this textured background, so pretty.

Barbara said...

I'm in love with this card!!!! Absolutely stunning, great technique! Barbara

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a beautiful piece! Your coloring skills are master-level and I love how you've inspired me to use Infusions in all sorts of cool ways!

Miesje said...

Yeah - I found one of the hidden gifts! And got the bonus of seeing your beautiful creation!