Monday, July 15, 2019

Animal Magic card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Animal Magic". This month Tim Holz is the featured brand of the month over on the Simon Says Stamp Store Blog and we are all showcasing some of his fabulous products this week!


For this challenge I've channeled my inner grungy vibes. I wanted to make a masculine card but with butterflies. Therefor I used darker colors. I started with the background, using the Mixed Media # 6 dies to cut out the letters. Then place it back with Texture Paste letters with the Schoolhouse stencil. While that was drying I continued with some stamp work. The large butterfly from Perspective stamp set and some bugs from the Entomology stamp set. I cut out the bug with the coordinating die set.

 

When the background was dry, I applied a layer of Clear Gesso. And then I started applying color with Distress Ink. Distress Ink obviously doesn't adhere to Clear Gesso, so the color soon disolved when I started working with Infusions and Nuvo Shimmer Powder ... So I applied the Distress Inks again afterwards. That was a better idea ... :). I've colored the large butterfly with the same Distress Ink colors. I only used 2 other colors for the small butterfly.

  

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

3 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, the butterfly is stunning and I love the colours and details, absolutely fabulous! :-)

hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols XXX

Maura said...

This is a stunner, Sandra! Love, love, love all the greens, and that butterfly is fantastic! Maura

Cathy said...

Wow! So many gorgeous grungy deatails! Your video was fantastic, stunning butterfly, Cathy x