Monday, November 18, 2019

Recycle Birthday card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Recycle".


Thought recycling was gonna be a difficult one, but if I look at all the things I've collected and have in my stash, I have more than I realized. For example, I always use old corrugated cardboard for my dimensional cards, and I've just bought a new jacket and saved the labels. In addition, I also had leftover metal parts of some furniture. When I saw that all the things where round, I thought that was a fun extra challenge for this card.


 

I started with Texture Paste and the Spaced Dots stencil. When it was dry, I directly started adding Infusions, without a layer of Gesso. And with Metallique Paints in Stormy Ocean (what a cool color that is!), Steampunk Copper and Rustic Brown I added some extra color. With the Mechanica Mold and another old Iron Orchid Mold I made resin pieces and found some other round things like Gears and such. I provided all of these with a layer of white Gesso. There was so much Gesso in the thick felt label. Also took a while before it was dry. 

 

After the Gesso was dry, I colored the parts with Metallique Paint and Wax. After they were all colored, I adhered them with Heavy Body Gel. I glued the Art Pebbles and Art Stones with Soft Matte Gel. I colored the Art Stones with Infusions In The Navy, Sleight Blue and Royal Blood.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

1 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Brilliant and gorgeous! I would totally want to frame this industrial mandala! LOVE every detail! Hope you are doing great!