Monday, March 30, 2020

Spring Butterfly card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Spring Mood Board". The lovely Macarena has made this gorgeous mood board for our inspiration!


Spring has finally arrived, my favorite season of the year. It is a pity that due to the circumstances we can't enjoy it as usual, but our health and safety is much more important. For this card I was inspired by Tim Holtz's Distress Crayons Facebook Live and used the brightest colors of Distress Crayons I have.




I started stamping the butterfly from the Perspective stamp set and random text with the Faded Type. And I put a layer of Clear Gesso on top of it to seal it. When it was dry I used Opal Magic Paint Blue Gold and Yellow Pink. This gives it a metallic finish and make the stamping gold/pink. I colored the butterfly with Mustard Seed, Spice Marmalade and Picked Raspberry Distress Crayons. Because I wanted to work with a lot of water, I chose to mask off the butterfly and even though Tim indicated that it should not matter. I stuck it on loosely, but maybe I shouldn't have done it ... I think I learned my lesson, LOL! Fortunately, I was able to fix it very easily afterwards. Watch the video if you want to know what I'm talking about ;).

 

After I had masked the butterfly, I applied some texture with Texture Paste and the Flourish stencil. When it was dry, I colored it brightly with Nuvo Shimmer Powder in Falling Leaves, Atlantis Burst and Green Parade. The last step I did, wasn't recorded, but I added some black water color pencil to add some contrast and definition.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:




As you may know, the  Simon Says Stamp Store is accepting new orders, but have longer shipping times for the moment due to the coronavirus. With this in mind we have made the difficult decision to suspend the $50 voucher for this challenge.

We know that many people are staying safe at home and we would love it if you would continue to enter the challenges and have fun! We are all in this together!

To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge.
So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sandra, these colors are such dreamy perfection! I love the texture and interest of the background too!! This is just GORGEOUS!

Hugs!
Stephanie
Simon Says Stamp!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgrous card Sandra :-) the background is fabulous and I love the butterfly, beautiful colours 💗

Hope you have a great week!
Stay Home and Stay Safe :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Crafting Queen said...

Love the bright colours in this, wonderful.

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely scrumptious background - so wonderful with that shaft of light running across the centre of it - and the butterfly looks amazing over the top.
Alison x