Monday, August 31, 2020

Halloween Doodle card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Oodles of Doodles".


This was a real challenge for me, because I really can't draw and that also applies of doodling. But I've made the superlative of oodles or doodles for my doing. I started with Collage Paper Typeset, which I applied with Soft Matte Gel. I've also used Washi Tape and old book paper to build up layers. I applied a coat of White Gesso and Clear Gesso and I heat both coats with a heat tool to get those bubbles, these give great texture.

 

After the gesso was dry and bubbly, I started applying color with Liquid Acrylics Ink Black and Tiger Orange. In between I used the Spider Web die set. And for the orange part, I also added Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder Burnt Orange and Infusions Orange County. That texture of the heated bubbly gesso is really amazing, especially with translucent mediums.

 

For the oodles or doodles (for me it's oodles and oodles of doodles) I used the White Gelly Roll on the Spider Web and I used a black Zig pen for the Halloween Paper Doll. I first colored this with Distress Crayon Rusty Hinge. Here you can clearly see that I have no experience with doodling and that I still have lots to learn, hahaha.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:





To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $25 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

0 comments: