Monday, August 4, 2014

Familiy Chronicles

Hi everyone,

This week is "it's in the family" over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Maybe you'll make a project for your family, you're trying to make a family tree or use a family of colors. Whatever you come up with, we'd like to see!


In my art journal I wanted to use the Found Relatives, unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my ancestors and used these replacements instead. I love Finnabair's art journaling style, really pretty, and I'm very inspired by it. Love to play with and give it my own spin.



First I distressed the background, especially the edges, with Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, and a bit of Walnut Stain Distress Ink. These colors in combination with lots of white are stunning.



Then I decided which Found Relatives I wanted to use and which were the easiest to cut out. With the strips of paper and washi tapes I made a simple composition. Above of the strips I stamped with Versamark the Doily and covered it Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls. 



With a variety of stamps I built up the background. I sprayed with Lindsy's Stamp Gang and a homemade spray of Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade Rein Cherry and Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls,  a little  bit to make it all the same color and to make it more a whole.




50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

17 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

these images look great against this riot of colour x

Terry said...

I love your found relatives! Wonderful and vibrant background pages. Love the texture, Sandra! Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous journal pages Sandra! Love the burst of color and the sweet family vintage images! All the texture looks fantastic!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I love how this turned out! I adore the bright bold colors paired with the black and white found relatives. I also like all the imagery you created in the background and think the doily stamp looks especially cool. Of course, I am always a fan of incorporating lace, so I love what you did with that, too. Wonderful piece!

Suzanne C said...

Ohhh I love the glorious glow of colors behind the black and white images. Beautiful pages!

Michelle said...

I am in love with this project! Those luscious colors are pure sweetness. And the vibrancy enhances the photos without overwhelming them. Bravo!

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow.. these pages are fantastic! Sandra. Love the beautiful colors on the background. :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Fantastic pages! I love the mix of textures and the warm color palette :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

FABULOUS pages Sandra! I love everything going on here, and love the photos too! SO COOL!

barbarayaya62 said...

Stunning pages Sandra! I love so much these bright colors mixed with the vintage images and your " classic" touch of black! Wonderful! BArbarayaya

Anonymous said...

the black and white figures on the colorful background are so very lovely!

crafty creations said...

Truly amazing pages - fantastic colour and brilliant elements added

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous page Sandra! And a great idea to use the found relative cards when you don't have photos of your own. Love the wonderful inky background.

Emma Williams said...

This is fabulous Sandra! I adore your background and love the black and white images against it...just wonderful artwork, as always! :)

Maura said...

Love your pages with the bright colors and old photos

Sandy said...

Fantastic Sandra -- I don't thnk I have ever seen you use lace before! Love your background Sugar!!
Sandy xx

Annie said...

Gorgeous Journal pages Sandra....love the amazing colours and the layout is fabulous with so much detail. Great images too.

TFS and crafty hugs

Annie x