Monday, February 16, 2015

Botanical Paradise

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is here. Despite the cold weather we dream about a "piece of paradise". We do you dream of when you think of paradise? We sure want to know and see your creations!



When I think of paradise, I think of beautiful palms, exotic plants and beautiful nature. I was inspired by the botanical part of paradise. I started with the Mini Leaves stencil with various colors green Distress Ink.



The Palm Fronts stencil fits perfectly with this challenge. To give it a more organic look, I used it with green colored Crackle Texture Paste. To bring more dimension to the tag I used the Clustered Leaves die from Simon Says Stamp. On top of the sentiment I applied some glitter with the Wink of Stella Glitter Clear Brush pen.





50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

14 comments:

Greta said...

So much to admire with this beautiful tag! Love how you used the SSS leaves die!

Annie said...

A beautiful tag Sandra. Love the background and leaves

Tfs and crafty hugs Annie x

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic tag! I was struggling to find anything tropical in my stash and you have hit a perfect mix of the fronds and leaves with feel of a lush tropical forest.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE the leaf! Great background too! Just a striking tag!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful tag Sandra! Love all the stenciled and crackled detail!

Tricia Coffin said...

I REALLY like this. It DOES look botanical (love) and gives me an idea for my paradise contribution.

Stephanie said...

I'm totally "behind" your sentiment, Sandra! Gorgeous combination of colors and textures as well!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your paradise on this tag! Sandra. Totally wonderful! :)

barbarayaya62 said...

Incredible tag Sandra! I like the crackle effect and black catching the eye! beautiful!!! Barbarayaya

Anna-Karin said...

This tag is gorgeous Sandra!! Love the wonderful background you created with that stencil, and the stunning colours.

Emma Williams said...

This is such a gorgeous tag, Sandra and I adore the beautiful background you've created! There is just so much wonderful inking and texture and the sentiment is perfect! Hugs :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I really love the "feel" of this piece! I like the rustic, back-to-nature vibe and the sentiment is absolutely perfect! The tag really tells a story and I loved seeing all of its incredible details.

Jenny Marples said...

Far from ordinary, I love the layering on this. Jenny x

SewPaperPaint said...

I absolutely love this tag!!! Every. Single. Detail. Fantastic!