Monday, February 20, 2017

Safe Travels card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Transport it".



This card I made for a friend to wish safe travels. I remembered the Just Landed stamp set of Kaisercraft. What a fun set and perfect for this challenge. I started with texture paste and the Swiss Dots stencil. When it was dry, I applied a layer of Opal Magic Blue-Gold paint. Then with Mod Podge which is diluted with water and Infusions A Bit Jaded I have given the background this lovely color. It's one of my favorite colors.
 


Using the MISTI I stamped the Just Landed stamps with the Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink. A few of the stamps I stamped on Vellum with Versamark ink and I melted the Black Embossing Powder with my heat tool. The edges needed a little something and with a black watercolor pencil and a water brush I darkened them.


 

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

17 comments:

Catherine said...

I can't tell you how much fun it is to see you put together your cards, Sandra. Your backgrounds are always so fabulous and I love the colors on this one, blue and black together are one of my favorite combinations. Love it!

Cathie ♥

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, I love the whole scene you created here and the colours are fabulous, I love the shades of aqua with the black, so striking :-) I am sure your friend will love this very thoughtful and awesome card :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Macarena said...

Fantastic travel card. Lovely colors thanks to opal magic and infusions. Love the dotted texture and all the stamping. Great job! Hugs, Marzena

Maura said...

Awesome card for your friend, Sandra! I can see why the jade is your favorite color - it is fabulous!! You do such beautiful work with layered texture!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is just the coolest! Great layering and "texture."! Love! Hugs, Autumn

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Sandra such a fabulous background
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful travel wishes and card, and thank you for the video too!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful!! You do combos of texture like no-one else and I love it!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anna-Karin said...

This is stunning Sandra! I love the city stamp, all the background textures and of course the little plane. A perfect safe travels card!

Paper Profusion said...

Loving all the bubble elements Sandra amongst your stamping - the set is perfect for this challenge. The colours look amazing and the black makes them practically pop off the paper! Really brilliant card! Have a lovely weekend. Nicola x

Kath Stewart said...

amazing background Sandra...you are rocking those Infusions girl...have a great weekend...hugs kath xxx

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful card and I just LOVE that background, it's amazing and such a great colour! Wonderful work, as always... Hugs :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is really a striking piece of art! I love how you used the embellishments so perfectly to create more of the scene and as always, your color choices are amazing!

Barbara said...

This background is fabulous! the color is incredible and I love so much your use of white pen! Barbara

Meihsia Liu said...

You always created such fantastic colors and texture on the background of your projects, Sandra. This card is awesome! :)

simo said...

Such a beautiful card Sandra...love the colors! Thank you for your sweet comment...Hugs! GinnyandtheSheep

vaiybora said...

Your card is gorgeous, Sandra! I could watch your videos all day.

หนังผจญภัย