Monday, May 29, 2017

Going Around in Circles card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Going Around in Circles".

I'm still not feeling 100%, but fortunately it's slowly going better. And I had enough good moments that I made a video of this project, but also from the ones I missed. Check them out here, and here.



Last week, Simon Says Stamp released "Cherished", click here to view the entire release. I used the Circulare Lace stencil for my card. I used the stencil as a stamp in combination with a Embossing Dabber. It's funny that the result looks like it's been stamped because only the edges of the stencil are showing. I used white embossing powder with it. I have heated it from the back of the cardstock so that no embossing powder would blow away. Love that it looks so distressed.

 
I've  made the background with Peeled Paint, Broken China and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxides. In order to see the embossed part better, I've applied Peeled Paint Distress Oxide and Ink on it and wiped it off with a baby wipe.With my own carved stamps I applied some circles. First with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink and then with different Distress Oxide Ink. What I notice is that after a while, the Peeled Paint changes in a gray color if it isn't oxidized. Wondering if it's on my ink pad or that others have noticed that too.... In the pictures it still looks green because I made the pictures right after, you can see it as the Tacky Glue is still white as it hasn't dried yet ;).


 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

16 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, the background is fabulous and I love how you used the stencil to emboss! the circle stamping and details are awesome! I really enjoyed watching your video to see how you made this :-)

Glad you're starting to feel better, sending lots of love and hugs XXX

luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

Oh my, Sandra, your background is amazing. The colors are gorgeous and it's always fun to see your process. Love it!

Cathie ♥

Linda Kunsman said...

it's a lovely card-and it looks like this color combo is popular this wee:)

simo said...

Such an awesome card Sandra...the background is stunning...love it to bits! Hope you feel better soon...hugs xxx

Maura said...

Gorgeous card, Sandra!! Your colors are amazing - so rich and beautiful! What a great idea to use the stencil as a stamp, and what a lovely design!! xx Maura
..sending healing thoughts to you...

Furrbster said...

This is stunning. The stencil works so well for this design. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better too,

hugz Tinz

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

So glad you are starting to feel a little better, my friend! And this is such a beautiful, peaceful and soothing piece to look at. How talented you are and what courage it takes to keep creating when you don't feel like it! You go, girl! Proud of you!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love the beautiful color scheme and the patterns you created on this piece, Sandra. It's so great to hear that you are getting better. Love and hugs :)

Anna-Karin said...

This is so pretty Sandra! I love the colors you used and of course all the circles. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. Hugs!!

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!!!!!!

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Sandra...love the colour combo and can't wait to get my hands on that lace stencil...so glad you are feeling better and are back on track with your videos...hugs kath xxx

Emma Williams said...

Another amazing background and another wonderful card project...this is fabulous Sandra! So happy to hear you're feeling a little better and sending a big hug! <3

Macarena said...

Oh I really love this design. The stencil indeed looks like a stamp! What a great technique. LOvely mix of Oxides as always and the circles are so cute! Hugs, Marzena

Unknown said...

AWESOME Card Sandra!!! Sending you so many many many hugs my dear friend xxx

Barbara said...

Wow! happy to see your video and hear you're feeling better!!! Love this card with bold colors! Stunning! Barbara

sanpiseth40 said...

I love the colors you used and of course all the circles. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. Hugs!!


ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา