Monday, June 26, 2017

Happy Summer Stencil card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Stencil it".



It's finally summer and to celebrate that I made a happy summer card. First, I made an umbre effect  with Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide. Then I made some interest with the same colors and order using a stencil . What's strange is that the effect fades over time. If you look at the background now, the effect is almost faded away. No idea what caused it.

 

With VersaMark I've stamped the Joyful Garden stamp and applied it with black embossing powder and heated it. I've colored it with Oxide Inks and Reinkers. The Peeled Paint dries very lightly into a grayish tint, not sure why that happens. The center of the flowers I've given some color and dimension with enamels (Thanks Anita!). After everything was dry, I've added more interest with some stencils and Distress Oxide.


 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

20 comments:

Redanne said...

I always enjoy watching your videos and seeing how you bring your pieces of art together. Adding a little re-inker to the Oxides really brings the colours on the flowers out so beautifully and the stencilling in the background is such a lovely touch to your beautiful card Sandra!

It has been a pleasure to work alongside you for this last month! Hugs, Anne xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra :-) the flowers are so vibrant and pretty and I love the background, the whole design is absolutely stunning! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Macarena said...

This is so cute! Lovely garden flowers stamp and I love the way you built the background by blending oxides. What I love the most is how reinkers covered the background where the petals were! Great sweet and pastel colors and all matches together so perfectly! Hugs, Macarena!

Catherine said...

I love this, Sandra! The painted flowers with Distress Oxides are so clever and beautiful and as always I love to watch your process.

Cathie ♥

Maura said...

Your card just GLOWS Sandra!! SO pretty! The colors are amazing, and those flowers are beautiful on that background - love this! hugs, Maura

Maura said...

I forgot...your video was great! love how you did the tone on tone and used the oxides to paint with!

Marjie Kemper said...

So rich! Just beautiful.

Stephanie said...

What a happy palette, Sandra! You definitely put these new oxide inks to great use!! Totally awesome!! : )

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Billie A said...

beautiful. I have never painted with Oxides.. I will be trying this. Your projects inspire me. I love your work and creative mind.

Marci said...

Gorgeous, I love the colors.

Linda Kunsman said...

so pretty with the soft cool colors, and yes-happy summer!

Tee said...

Love watching your creativity flow! Beautiful work.

Emma Williams said...

This is just gorgeous Sandra and I adore the colours you've used, it just shouts out happy summer to me and you've captured the feel of it so well! Hugs :)

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

I love it Sandra!!!! I loved watching you creating this awesome card! Great use of oxides!! x

Anna-Karin said...

Such a pretty summer card Sandra! I love the colours and the black embossing. Beautiful mix of patterns.

Kath Stewart said...

a beautiful bright card Sandra...just perfect for summer...hugs kath xxx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a lovely piece! I love the soft tones and how you did the flowers. I also thought spelling "Summer" with the Label Letters was the perfect touch!

Zelda said...

Gorgeous card and I always enjoy your video's - I always learn something! Thank you!

Barbara said...

Sandra love your period super colorful! I'm happy to see this! I love your latest works and this is also really gorgeous! The background is beautifully beautiful with the nuance from purple to yellow, absolutely original !

sanpiseth40 said...

I loved watching you creating this awesome card! Great use of oxides!! x


ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา