Monday, June 19, 2017

Let's Take a Vacation art journal with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Let's Take a Vacation".


As you probably know, I love city trips. Therefor, I've made a city trip inspired art journal spread. It turned out a bit on the dark side, so it's city trip at nightfall I started to cover the background with Terminology Tissue Wrap. After that I've applied different colors of  Infusions with Mod Podge mixedwith water. But I found that the Tissue Wrap was too over powering, so I applied a layer of Snowcap paint. Then I've re-appled with Mod Podge different Infusions to bring back the color.

 


Of course, bricks need to be in a city trip theme. So I used a Bricks stencil with Grit-Paste. Perfect for giving me some stone texture. Then added different colors of Infusions to blend them into the background. The Cityscape Skyline die can't be missing and so is a Globe. I first painted it all black and then painted the green parts of the world. Because there are plenty critters living in the city also, I've used the Bird Branch die and colored it with different colors of Distress Oxide.


 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

18 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous journal pages Sandra, I love the dark colours and nightie feel, the textured wall and cityscape, the whole design is fabulous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Macarena said...

Lovely pages! I love the dark night colors a lot. What I love the most is the way the globe turned out with Infuions. Amazing effect! Lovely use of Infusion all over the page. Hugs, Marzena

Redanne said...

You really have captured the essence of a city at night with this 'moody' journal spread Sandra. I love the dark buildings and the fantastic brickwork in the background. Wonderful use of the Infusions and I really enjoyed your video! Anne xx

Catherine said...

I love the city scene you created and all the fabulous texture. Amazing colors and design. Love it!

Cathie ♥

Stephanie said...

WOW!!!!! Love the way you created the blended brick background!! :D

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Billie A said...

I'm always excited when I see an email from you cause I know you probably did another video.. Yup you did and as always I LOVE YOUR WORK. Stunning and so creative.

crafts said...

I don't have die cut manchaine I really like Tim holtz die

Linda Kunsman said...

love the city night time atmosphere these rich colors give-beautiful pages!

Tee said...

Fantastic pages-I love watching your creative process!

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

I love this art journal page! Love it!!

Maura said...

Oh, I love this spread, Sandra! Colors are gorgeously rich, and the city looks cool against the bricks. Really like how you put the Earth up in the sky!! hugs, Maura

Margot said...

Hey Sandra, I really love your blog and your Video Tutorials ;o)
Thanks so much for it

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a beautiful project! You made a city trip look magical in a cool grungy sort of way. Your colors are amazing and I really like the composition and how you have the bird overlooking city life. Great concept and gorgeous work, as always!

Beulah Bee said...

Great perspective and play of lights and darks--so excellent! Translates for me as inner city grunge/noise meets the sweets sounds of nature no matter where in the world you are. Amazing how you created dimensional looking texture on the bricks. So impressed...

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous journal pages with so much beautiful texture and detail ~ these are stunning Sandra and I love everything about them! Hugs :)

Anna-Karin said...

This is so stunning Sandra! I love the night-time city you created and the wonderful textures and colours.

Kath Stewart said...

love your nightime cityscape Sandra...so much beautiful texture and detail...hugs kath xxx

sanpiseth40 said...

I really love your blog and your Video Tutorials ;o)


ąø•ąø²ąø£ąø²ąø‡ąø„ąø°ą¹ąø™ąø™ąø„ąø²ąø„ีąøąø²