Monday, August 21, 2017

Botanical ATCs fun with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "ATCs".

Artist trading cards (ATCs) are miniature pieces of art that are traded around the world. The only official rule for ATCs is the size: 2.5″ x 3.5″.

But first I want to let you know that we also have a special challenge for children between the ages of 2 and 16! CLICK HERE or on the logo to go directly to the challenge page.




This is the first time I've made an ATC, as far as I can remember at least ... I've made two at the same time, they aren't exactly the same, but are made with the same elements. I started to cut the Heavystock to the ATC size. For me it's the  the best cardstock for working with Distress Oxides. The theme for these ATCs is the botanical garden and I used Peeled Paint, Frayed Burlap, Peacock Feathers and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide for creating the background.

  
The Garden Greens are colored using Twisted Lemon, Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio, Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide and Pine Needles and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. The mini stencils are perfect for small projects such as ATCs. I only have 1 set and I used 2 stencils of it. One with Black Soot Distress Ink and the other with Texture Paste that I've stained with Broken China and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Reinker.

  
I've used the smallest of the Paper Dolls. They are so fun! The Clipping Stickers are fabulous, there are so many different ones, but I had very limited space so I needed to contain myself to the smaller ones.



VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

21 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous ATC's Sandra, I love the background and colours, the splatter and textures are fabulous and the paper dolls are perfect, very cute :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Marci said...

Love these! Stunning!Thanks for the video. It looks like the children are in a jungle.

Catherine said...

I love these, Sandra! So fun to watch you put everything together and the colors and background are amazing.

Cathie ♥

simo said...

Stunning ATCs Sandra! I so love the color combo used...they are really a work of Art! Huge hugs xxx Simona

Kate Yetter said...

Oh so pretty! Love the blues, greens and texture. And Especially those kids.
Kate

Maura said...

Love these!! Colors and textures are gorgeous, and I really like the huge plants and small people. Never would guess these are your first ones, Sandra! hugs, Maura

Linda Kunsman said...

these are marvelous!! Each youngster in his own magical forest:)

Art By Wanda said...

Fabulous atcs!!!!!!!!!!

Billie A said...

Beautiful. Looks awesome. I love ATC.

Meihsia Liu said...

Your ATCs are so beautiful, Sandra. Love the fabulous colors and texture on the background. :)

Macarena said...

Oh my I could be watching for hours how the oxides blend and build the background on your videos. I love the effect they get on this king of paper! AMAZING! I love the numbers stencil and the small squares too! The paper dolls are just perfect for this small ATCs. And I am so happy I own your first ATC ever <3 Hugs, Marzena

Unknown said...

Stunning ATCs. Your work is beautiful and you are such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

Words and Pictures said...

I'm so surprised how many of the team are ATC-first-timers... and you've all knocked it out of the park, of course! Love these tiny textured jungle works of art.
Alison x

Anna-Karin said...

These ATCs are gorgeous Sandra! Love the colors you used and all the textures and the drops look really cool (I have to order some of those). Hugs!

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Fantastic ATCs!!! These two are stunning, love love love it! If you didn't tell me, I wouldn't know it was your first time! Great color combo and fantastic textures!

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous ATCs full of beautiful layers and texture...these are amazing Sandra and I LOEV them! Hugs :)

Kath Stewart said...

your little works of art are so beautiful...great job from a fellow first timer...hugs kath xxx

Marlena M. said...

You made the most of a small panel~love the rich colors and details!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

These are amazing little works of art! I really like how you went with a botanical theme and combined it with more graphic elements like the striped Washi tape and the dots up at the top. Really lovely!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous ATC's Sandra! Dolls are perfect for this size! I love to see how different is the use that our team has done of them! Your colors are fantastic! Barbara

sanpiseth40 said...

these are amazing Sandra and I LOEV them! Hugs :)


ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา