Monday, November 19, 2018

Let it Snow card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Let is Snow".




This challenge has made me realize that I have to start with my Christmas cards really soon ... Time flies, in more than a month it's Christmas... I started with the Christmas stencil and Texture Paste with Black Gesso. Over that I used a layer of Clear Gesso. After it was dry, I started to apply color. First with Infusions A Bit Jaded. Because of the Clear Gesso the Infusions reacts really heavily with water. I had a very nice background at the top of the card, but with the spraying of another part, the top part reacted and looked horrible, so I had to start over again.

  

To get a bit of a greens in I worked with Nuvo Shimmer Powders. I only have 3 of the 8 colors and I intend to collect them all! To make it snow, I used Crackle Paste with the Degrade de Points stencil. Unfortunately, it shifted a bit and there is also some Paste under the stencil, but gives another effect. And the snowflakes were too small to crack. All in all the snowflakes didn't turned out as I would have liked.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

8 comments:

Maura said...

Wonderful card, Sandra! It looks like the boy is heading out to skate in the night with gorgeous Northern Lights shining down. hugs, Maura

Lorraine A said...

Love this card sandra! the young man is very cute with his skates and I llove the colours and textures, the background is amazing!! GORGEOUS! :-)

Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Kate Yetter said...

What a gorgeous card! I love that paper doll, the falling snow and that colorful background.
Kate

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous card! I love the way you created the background with the stenciling and shimmer powders, and the gold cardstock sparkles beautifully 😀. Wishing you a wonderful week! J 😊 x

Meihsia Liu said...

Your Christmas card is gorgeous! Sandra. The texture and colors you created are so beautiful. :)

Kath Stewart said...

love that gold sentiment against that gorgeous snowy background, hugs kath xxx

Greta said...

Love the snow--pretty card!

Anna-Karin said...

This is fantastic Sandra! I love the textured background and the gold word is perfect. I hope you are having a good weekend!