Monday, February 11, 2019

Typo art journal spread with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Typography".


One of ny resolutions for this year is to work more frequently in my art journal and therefor I made this art journal spread. I started with the Alpha embossing folder and placed it in the opposite corners of the spread. Then I used Collage Paper and tore off different parts by wetting it with a with brush. I adhered it with Collage Medium. Then I used a layer of Clear Gesso on top of it all.



  

After stamping with the 49 and Market and Possibilties stamps, it was time for some texture. I colored  theTexture Paste black by mixing it with Distress Paint Black Soot and I used it with the Type stencil. To add more texture I added Grit-Paste along the edges.

 

The next step was to apply some color. I first started working with the Nuvo Shimmer Powders, with Green Parade and Atlantis Burst. Then Infusions A Bit Jaded and as final color Nuvo Shimmer Powder Storm Cloud. I left a lot of white parts to add to the contrast. I added Distress Paint Black Soot to the edges with water and top right I added extra to apply drips and dirty distressed edges.

 
 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous pages Sandra :-) the background is fabulous, I love all the layers of colours and textures, absolutely awesome and so arty! :-)

Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Lula said...

Love the way you created your journal spread using different types of fonts, Sandra! The color combo is great, too.
Lucyna xx

Cheryl said...

I asked on the your YouTube channel, wondering What paint you used. Looks like Distress paints. I don’t have so I will continue with the high flow pint, since I Jane them, and they are so pigmented and vibrant. Thank for lull the videos on cads and journal pages. I also love listening to the music.
Take care, and I hope you’ll be showing us many more of your fun pieces.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Wow those colors... Feels 3D! Gorgeous little spread!!!

Barbara said...

I love so much this color combination Sandra and you are a master to create works with it! These pages are fantastic and I love Paper Doll addition, great touch! Barbara

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Another stunning piece of art! And as always, I enjoy seeing your techniques and how you build up all those gorgeous layers.

Billie A said...

I love the journal pages and all the fun elements you used to create the pages. Always so inspirational. Thanks for the videos.

Macarena said...

Wow! You took it at maximum and there are so many great typos here. Love the textures and the way they are all so different and cool. The color doesn't surprise me much but is lovely as always, I know you're kinda addicted to green... Thank you for the video, love to see them each week! Hugs xxx

Maura said...

Love that beautiful color on these pages, Sandra! Awesome mix of type in the background with the dimension and black letters, and bold strips across. hugs, maura

Deb said...

Amazing colours and textures Sandra and I love the embossed typography element! Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

Anna-Karin said...

This is stunning Sandra! I love all those very cool letters and of course the turquoise.

dagmarakos.blogspot.com said...

Very inspirational piece of art!