Monday, May 20, 2019

Dimentional Stencil card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Use Stencils".


I have got a new addiction, and those are silicone molds. I can't stop making the shapes with those moulds. I find it quite difficult to use them in a project. But with this one  I managed to make a first creation with the Finnabair Cogs and Wings and Mechanica molds. I used resin in the molds, but you could also use paper clay. Just know, these molds are quite sturdy and are quite hard to remove from the molds.



 

As a base I used a very thin piece of corrugated cardboard from some package and cut it to size. It is better if the surface is sturdy when you start working with resin elements. With Texture Paste and the AALL & Create Quadrilaterals stencil I applied a first layer of texture. After it was dry, I applied a layer of Clear Gesso. When this was dry too, I started to apply color. A few subtle colors, first Opal Magic Green Gold and then Blue Gold. But also Sparks Mermaid Sparkle and finally Metallique Steampunk Copper. With some stamping of the Read to Me stamp and of course Washi tape, but also some black splashes from Dylusions Spray Black Marble, the background was ready for some dimention.

  

As I mentioned before, I used Finnabair molds, and the resin elements have been coated with white gesso. This makes that the paint stays on the resin. It has more grip because of it. After the gesso was dry I glued all major parts with Heavy Body Gel. Such cool stuff! In addition to the resin elements, I also used Art Pebbles, Gears, Droplets, and Art Stones to build up the layers. I glued the smaller elements with Soft Matte Gel. I put this in a small bottle so I can easily apply it. After everything was adhered, it was time to give it all some color. For that I used both paint and wax. Finally, on Tissue Wrap, I used a sentiment from the new release Celebrate You, the stamp set Parental Props from Simon Says Stamp. The tissue is far too visible, unfortunately ... I tried to get it more into the background, but that didn't help... I think I should have added it in the beginning...

VIDEO:


SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

And I'm entering this card also to SanDee & Amelie Steampunk challenge.

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

3 comments:

Maura said...

Oh, WOW!!! I love this path you are taking, Sandra! The molds are amazing, and I definitely have to check them out. Gorgeous piece with so much detail - LOVE it! hugs, Maura

Maura said...

I'm so happy you've joined our challenge at SASPC, Sandra! Awesome steampunk style card!! hugs, Maura

Claudia N. said...

Wow! Such a cool steampunk piece, Sandra! Amazing texture and arrangement! Thanks so much for sharing this fab make with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia x