Monday, May 27, 2019

Frame it card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Frame it".


Yep, I already warned you, I made another card with resin molds, and it will probably not be the last. This card has become a bit too busy, but it's part of my learning process ;). I framed the card in several ways, using one of the Mechanics elements and building up around it, making a frame around the card with stamps and Embossing Powder, and layering the card and go around it with a White Gelly Rol pen.


 

For the background I used the same corrugated cardboard as last time. Wish I knew which packaging it was from, it's very nice to work with. Anyway, I first applied a layer of Texture Paste with the Lattice stencil. After it was dry, I applied a layer of Clear Gesso. When that too was dry I started to apply color with paint, such as Opal Magic Rose Gold and Violet Gold, Metallique Steampunk Copper, Sparks Iris Potion and Martha Stewart Metallic which is unfortunately no longer available at SSS. But Metallique paints are available and those are in so much colors, I need more of those if not all ;).

 

To "frame" the card I used an old stitches stamp, but Tim Holtz recently released some very nice new ones that I also have to have;). And I made it with Gold Embossing Powder. Then it was time to build up, and I used Mechanics and Cogs and Wings molds for that together with Metal Gears, Art Stones, Art Pebbles, Droplets and other things I had laying around. That is the fun of making things like this, you can put all your findings into it. I provided everything with a coat of White Gesso and adhered the heavy things with Heavy Body Gel and the lighter ones with Soft Matte Gel. After everything was fixed enough, I started applying color. The same colors as the background with Metallique Wax in different colors.




VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

4 comments:

Beulah Bee said...

Looks terrific! I'd say you've got the hang of it. I really like Martha's metallics, too.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra! the whole design of this is stunning!! I thoroughly enjoyed the video too, it was great to see how you did it and the music was very nice too :-)

hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Maura said...

Oh my goodness, this is fabulous Sandra! I love the way you build dimension, and there are so many details, each time I look, I see something different. hugs, Maura

Words and Pictures said...

Wowzer - what an incredible creation - fabulous composition and such a wonderful metallic sparkle.
Alison x