Monday, June 10, 2019

Ancient Greece card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Vacation".

As you know, I love to go on city trips, and then I often visit cities with ancient history. I have only been to Greece once, but the museums I often visit have beautiful ancient Greek statues from. These molds from Prima Marketing remind me of those statues and what a great way to put my two hobbies together in one project.


 

I started with the background. I colored this with Opal Magic Paint in soft colors. Then I used the Simon Says Stamp Waves stamp from the new Rest and Refresh release together with White Embossing Powder. After I applied a layer of Gesso to all resin shapes, I first applied color to them before I adhered them. The colors weren't quite as I wanted and I kept adding color until I was happy with them. The background colors were too soft and I made these colors darker. I've really been playing around with this card. Didn't so much things to this one as the last and kept it way less busy.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

3 comments:

Greta said...

So creative & artistic--wonderful project!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a fantastic piece of art! I love how you went dimensional with this one and as always, I'm amazed at your techniques.

Maura said...

WOW! This is gorgeous, Sandra! It reminds me of the figurehead on a ship. Beautiful patinas and dimension! hugs, Maura