Monday, August 19, 2019

Halloween ATC with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "ATC's" short for Artist Trading Cards.


Yes, it's Halloween season! My favorite topic for creating projects and this week I made an ATC. I cut this out of thin corrugated cardboard, because I was going to make it dimensionally. I started with Clear Gessso, to ensure that the colors mix even more than normal. For the first layer of colors I used Distress Ink Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge and Black Soot. I was surprised that Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge became yellowish. I really wanted to go for a deep orange with a black background, and that's why I added Infusies Orange County and Nuvo Shimmer Powder Storm Cloud.




  

With Texture Paste that I made black using Distress Paint Black Soot I added texture with the Batground stencil. Perfect stencil for adding bats to the background. The name of the stencil says it all;). After some random stamping with the Undertaker and Mini Halloween # 3 stamp set, I continued with the lady from the Fairy Garden Mold. I first applied a layer of White Gesso to her and then painted her skin with Distress Paint Antique Linen. I painted her hair with Distress Paint Black Soot, just as her eyes and her lips. With that she already looked very creepy, and with the little detail of her pupils white, she became even scarier. To give it a bit more depth, I used Metallique White Gold wax on her hair and Metallique Firebird wax on her flowers in her hair. I also used this wax for the edges of the ATC.

  

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

1 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliantly spooky - the deep dark shadows surrounding your Queen of the Night are fantastic.
Alison x