Monday, August 12, 2019

Midsummer Blues card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Midsummer Blues".


For this card I used a lot of shades of blue, such as Distress Ink Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China and Faded Jeans and Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers, Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans. And of course a little brown for the vintage look, and it had to be Distress Ink Ground Espresso, my favorite brown of all time. Although this technique takes more time to give color to a complete background, I like it so much more because you are more in control than with the Distress Sprays. I don't know how to handle sprays properly, I guess. My spraying results are not pretty at all.
 

To make the background more interesting I used Schoolhouse stencil with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and I used Opal Magic Blue Gold paint with the Bubble stencil. With a blending foam it's really easy to apply paint with a stencil and get a perfect result. And the Opal Magic paint gives it a very cool effect. I've given the Paper Doll a blue color with Distress Crayon Mermaid Lagoon. And I applied some shimmer to  the Transparent Wings with Metallique Wax Peacock.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

5 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, and likewise yum! Simply gorgeous inky background - colours that are right up my street. All those layered blues are great, but of course it's the Ground Espresso which makes it magic! Love the little boy perched on his alphabet seat - this one's a real treat.
Alison x

Bem-Me-Quer Colorido said...

Awesome, awesome background! Love how you used all those tones of blue!
XoXO

Maura said...

Sandra, your card is amazing!! Textures and colors are fantastic, and love your solemn fairy child! hugs, Maura

sarascloset said...

Wonderful card and so fun watching it come together on your video. (Loved the music, too!) Your inky background is truly amazing!

Annette Reed said...

Another fabulous job. I just can't get enough of the videos. I am enjoying watching the process. I think I'm hooked. These are making me want to get out my Tim Hotz products and start grunging:)