Monday, May 18, 2020

Bee Happy Foil card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "We're All A-Buzz".


All the crafting demos are so inspiring, and I was completely blown away by the Minc demo with Tim Holtz and Heidi Swapp a few days ago (check Heidi Swapp Instagram). Unfortunately I don't have the Minc Toner Ink, but I do have Distress Resist Spray, Minc Foil and the Mini Minc. I did some experimenting first, and I have several brands of foils, but Heidi's really works the best. The GoPress from Couture Creations stick in many more places than just the Resist Spray, which can be a really cool effect, but it's really unpredictable and therefor really hard to use.


 

I added color to the background with Distress Ink (Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Walnut Stain) and Distress Oxide (Walnut Stain) and some shimmer with Nuvo Shimmer Powder Solar Flare. With Distress Resist Spray I sprayed once over the Mini Honeycomb stencil and put it through the Mini Minc machine with foil. I always use a double folded sheet of printer paper instead of the transfer sheet. That works better for me.
I colored the Entomology stamps with Distress Reinkers (Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Pumice Stone).

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:





To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $25 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

4 comments:

Maura said...

Gorgeously golden, Sandra! It just oozes honey. Lovely card, and so fun to see where your inspiration came from! Have a lovely week, Maura

Crafting Queen said...

I adore the background you created, wonderful creation.

sarascloset said...

How can you not BEE happy when you look at this card! I love the background and watching your video. The foiling is very effective. I wish my Distress Resist spray nozzle worked...

Katy said...

Beautiful card! Love the layering and the gold foil!