Monday, August 29, 2016

Stitch up card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about It's a Stitch up! Are you in for a felt project or stitching some paper? Or maybe some faux stitching like me.

This Bo Bunny Stitches stamp set I've got for ages and it's one of my favorite stamps to give interest around the edges of my projects. Of course I had to use it for this challenge.


 First I stamped the Time Traveler with Archival Ink and MISTI tool, otherwise I don't get a good result on watercolor paper. Once the ink was completely dry, I've colored him in with a bunch Distress Markers and waterbrush. Between layers, I dried the paper.

 

After I had finished coloring, it was time to protect my colored Time Traveler and I've used MicroGlaze to seal it. I picked the same colors that I've used for coloring the Time Traveler for the background. It was a big muddy mess. But a bit more blue helped a lot. With a tissue I dabbed away the excess ink and that was a big difference.

 

I darkened the edges with Distress Crayon Black Soot. I absolutely love this effect. With the Bo Bunny Stitches stamp, Versamark and Pewter Embossing Powder I made a stitched edge, love that it really pops, but not too much.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

17 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous panel Sandra, I love this gent, what a fabulous image! the background and embossed stitching are awesome too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Stunning project Sandra!! x zoey

Maura said...

I LOVE this!! You do such beautiful work with images and layers, Sandra! The faux stitching looks brilliant, and this gentleman is one of my faves! hugs, Maura

Stephanie said...

Beautiful job coloring, WOW!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE the song in the video, and love your coloration of the gent! The embossed stitches are a great and effective addition too! LOVE this!

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, what a great background, and I love how you've used the resist to make the image pop with the lighter framing area. Fabulous!
Alison x

Tee said...

Oh wow! I love him! You have created an amazing tag, such gorgeous colors and textures!Stunning.

Barbara said...

Sandra this is one of my favourite works of yours! I adore this stamp and you've used it in a fabulous way! The background is fantastic too!!! Barbara

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness, I love how the gentleman image stands out, Sandra. Your coloring is amazing and the background is amazing.

Cathie ♥

Macarena said...

OMG! This is crazy! You absolutely rock, girl! I loooove everything about this project and it's all your fault now I'd have to purchase Distress Markers. Till now I thought I don't need them, I was so wrong :P The coloring is just amazing and the background and the way of making it - stunning! Hugs, Marzena

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous card Sandra!! I love all the colours and the beautiful colouring. Isn't Distress Glaze fun to work with?

Kath Stewart said...

amazing Sandra...love the background and the colour work on the Time Traveller is stunning but I'm worried...2 weeks in a row without washi...hugs kath xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! This really is fabulous! I love how you used the micro glaze! Chrisx

Emma Williams said...

Just wonderful, Sandra! I adore the background and how you've coloured your Time Traveller and that stitching around the edge looks so authentic, really gorgeous! Hugs :)

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a beautiful creation, Sandra. The background you created is so pretty. Love your great coloring, too. :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a wonderful project! I really love you brought our gentleman to life through your excellent work with color. And aren't those Bo Bunny stitch stamps the best? You've used them perfectly here!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the dramatic background you created for your stamped image. Blessings!