Saturday, September 22, 2018

Creatures Great and Small art journal spread


Hi everyone,

Challenges that has something to do with nature are one my favorites. So I had lots of fun playing in my art journal for the "All Creatures Great and Small Challenge" at Frilly and Funkie.


I started with a background full of washi tape and used some Americana paints to start giving it some color. To create more depth in the colors I used mica pigment powders like Nuvo Shimmer Powder Green Parade and Perfect Pearls Perfect Gold and Blue Raspberry.

 

To create more interest for the background I stamped around the washi tape. The dragonfly (thanks Marzena!) was so much fun to make, I used Distress Ink to add color and used Ground Espresso to color the raised areas and quickly poored Bonding Powder on top, melted it and quickly placed a piece of foil on top of it  and carefully tapped on it till it was dry and removed it. Love it that it doesn't stick everywhere so it looks distressed.

   

SUPPLIES:




Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

3 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Just gorgeous! Love the wash tape background and the beautiful colors that you use. That dragonfly pops!!!! What a great art journal spread.-- Mary Elizabeth

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful layout! The vibrant colors are wow and one of my favorites are dragonflies and yours are wonderful! Thanks for playing along in the "All creatures great and small" Frilly and Funkie challenge!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, the colors in this just drew me in...and then the wonderful layers and details had me ooh-ing and aaah-ing! The composition here is absolutely wonderful. I think I'd have to take this one out of the journal and hang it on the wall. It's wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "All Creatures Great and Small" Challenge Blog! Happy crafting!