Monday, September 24, 2018

Monochrome Halloween card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Monochrome".



A little more than a month and then it's Halloween. Too bad we don't celebrate it in the Netherlands, but that doesn't stop me from making Halloween cards... I like that darkness of it. I started to apply a piece of Collage Paper Halloween with Collage Medium. I immediately wrinkled it while it was still wet to create texture, but it could use a little more texture and for that I applied Grit-Paste around the edges. When it was dry I made it darker with Gunmetal paint.

 

To make it even darker I used Infusions Black Knight. This works very nicely with the Grit-Paste. Especially using Metallique wax on top of the texture makes the Grit-Paste look fabulous. I used the pluses of the Mixed Media 6 die set and gave them a metal look with Nuvo Mousses. These dry out very quickly in their packaging. I use them regularly. Don't know why this is happening ....

 

I first painted the Drip Drop Edged die set with Brused Pewter, but wanted to make it stand out even more. So I applied a layer of Black Soot over it. Then I went of it with an Embossing Dabber and Bonding Powder and Fab Foil. But the foil doesn't  work so well in all places. I don't know if it is the foil, because this was the first time I used this brand, or that it was because of all layers of paint and the royal applied Embossing Dabber. I'll experiment with it again another day. I cut the Happy Halloween from black vinyl with my Silhouette Cameo and adhered it on a transparent sheet, that I attached with the Tiny Attacher to the card. If you don't have a digital cutting machine but you do have a laser printer, you can print on the transparent sheet and achieve the same effect.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

7 comments:

Macarena said...

This is so cool! I love this creepy and freaky vibe of this card. The background is amazing and so rich in details. I love the collage paper with this pattern, very realistic effect. The foil accent on the drip drop die is amazing, love this technique! I could bet you would make a project with shades of green :P Hugs, Macarena.

Lorraine A said...

Fabulously spooky card Sandra! I love the textures and dark shades, absolutely fabulous!!! :-) 🖤

Hope you have a great weekend!
luv
Lols x x x

Kath Stewart said...

your background is amazing Sandra, love the dark spooky feel of this card, hugs kath xxx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow, girl! This piece in particular absolutely shows the way you can rock out textures. I am stunned at how much energy and movement you brought with the texture techniques you used. Incredible all the way around and very inspiring!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love love love this stunning creation, Sandra. The texture and color scheme you created are amazing. :)

Barbara said...

Absolutely fabulous! This work is so creepy, love your use of Seth's die! Barbara

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

beautiful card, you rocked these Seth's dies!!