Monday, October 7, 2019

Halloween Fall card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Autumn/Fall". And as it's the first Monday of the month, we're showcasing Tim Holtz products. So if you have any, we'd love to see them used in your project(s)!


What is more fall than Halloween? And I'm still in the Halloween mood and apparently also in the color orange, LOL! Although orange is also really an autumn color, so perfect for this challenge. I started with Distress Oxide Spiced Marmalade and Distress Inks Ripe Persimmon and Ground Espresso. Then I also added Distress Ink Black Soot. With a blending tool I gave the lighter areas some color with Distress Ink Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon and made the edges a bit darker with Ground Espresso.



 

After I had randomly stamped with Read to Me stamp, I applied a seal with MicroGlaze. I wanted the background to stay as it was, but when I applied a layer of Clear Gesso, it still reacted a little bit. But after this layer of gesso the background was protected. And I was able to work with my powders to add more depth together with wax shimmer. But first I applied some texture with the Mixed Media # 6 die set and Texture Paste that I made black with Distress Paint Black Soot.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

3 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what fabulous Halloween cards! I so enjoyed watching your video to see how it all came together, you used some fun techniques and the way you built up the colourful background is amazing 😁. Thanks so much for having me in the Designer Spotlight this month, I'm so thrilled to be able to join you all 😁. Wishing you a Happy October! Hugs, Jo x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra :-) I love the colours and textures and am popping back in a few mins to watch the video ;-) I love watching them they really help me learn new techniques in a fun and easy way, thanks so much for making them! :-D

Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols XXX

Words and Pictures said...

Stunningly vivid colours, made all the more dramatic by the dark shadows and texture - love those glowing bubbles too. I'm definitely going to check out the video too.
Alison x