Thursday, November 22, 2012

12 tags of 2012 - November

Hi everyone,

First of all I wanna wish everyone who celebrate it a very happy Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for all the good things in my life, and you're a big part of that! So thank you too!
It's all been so busy lately, but I'm very happy that I'm just in time with my november tag for the 12 tags of 2012. I really wanted to have it done before Thanksgiving, and thankfully I succeeded. I also wanted to play along with the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge. This week's technique is the Texture Fade. I chose the Double Distress one. There is another techniqe with Texture Fades on page 64 of the book, go check it out! I did this technique on the leaves.
Then I also wanna enter the Frilly and Funkie challenge, where we had to use metal and chipboard.


I've done almost all the techniques that Tim has used making his tag. Only I didn't do the background with distress stains but ​​with distress ink. The reason why, is because I don't have all the color stains, and I also was on a tight schedule for experimenting with the distress stains. My background technique with the stains needs some more practice...







Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

12 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous tag the colours and design are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Patricia said...

Echt SUPER mooie herfsttag zeg Sandra!!!
Hele mooie details.
Groetjes Patricia

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous tag, Sandra! The background is SO rich. I love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Frilly & Funkie!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fantastic! I love the warm autumn color! The metal bits are great as well! Fab take, and thank you for playing sling with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!

Terry said...

Simply fabulous, Sandra! Just love the Fall feel you created on the tag background! As always, I am thankful for you and the sweet little mail surprise! Loved it so much! Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Jenny Marples said...

Beautiful layering here Sandra. There always seems to be a danger with using lots of colours that it can go muddy, but you are such a talented crafter that you have made everything blend seamlessly. So warm and gorgeous. Hugs, Buttons x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Sandra, I love the colours and the embossed leaves are fabulous ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

Your oranges and yellows really make this tag glow. The stamping of the various textures in the background looks great and the embossed leaves finish the tag off nicely.

Sandy said...

Oh I think this is so gorgeous. I love the colors and the texture. You are inventive aren't you - and that is what a true artist is!!!!!
Sandy

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Die vlinders met een wijzer/pijl als lijfje vind ik echt helemaal cool, zo'n gaaf idee!!!! Dit zou weleens een nieuwe trend kunnen worden, vooral vaker doen. Zoals altijd weer een prachtig werkstuk. Liefs leintje*