Monday, June 3, 2013

Sannie's Schedule

Hi everyone,

It's Monday once again and even a new month has arrived. Hopefully June will bring lots of great weather and sunshine! Well okay, enough about the weather and lets move on to the new challenge from Simon Says Stamp and Show. The theme of this week is the S is for ... You can decide what the S stands for yourself. Such as stars, simple, shabby, sunshine, stripes, spray, stickers, stamps, etc. As long as it starts with an S you're good to go. Please let us know what S word you've used.

My S is for ... Sannie's Schedule. In otherwords my calendar. I find myself pretty organized, the only thing is that I write everything down on little notes, and sometimes I loose one or two of them... So I thought it will be a good idea to make a binder with my schedule in it. Here I can keep all my creative things in need to do. Such as keeping the birthdays and therefor a reminder that I need to make a birthday card for that person but also the challenges for Simon Says Stamp and Show I need to do. This way I keep my thing to do in order.



I always like to make my own binders and albums. Generally I use canvas boards for them. These are really sturdy and ideal as a cover. They are available in different sizes and I make my album or binder at the size I can get. It's almost undoable to make them another size. For spine I use 1mm thick cardboard which I cut to the size I need  and paste multiple layers on top of eachother. Then I cover all the canvas boards panels with Kraft paper and get inky with lots of different stamps. All with black ink. Then I glued the pieces together and it was time to decorate the cover.



Well how will I do the binding for the pages? Let's see. The other day I saw a very nice binding technique on the blog of Tammy Tutterow that I wanted to try. Perfect for my schedule!



If you like you can download the Pdf's I made for the inside here and here.






To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

22 comments:

Patricia said...

WAUW wat een supergaaf mooi uitgewerkte agenda zeg Sandra!
Echt SUPER!
Gr Patricia

Gráinne said...

That's just breathtaking beautiful, love all the details. Did you make the inside pages yourself? And is it the original color of the paper? Suzanne

Suzanne C said...

Yummy design. Love the cluster of numbers and embellishments. I love your schedule book!

Candy C said...

Sandra...your schedule book is awesome! I love those interior pages but even more, that cover is just the coolest! That kraft paper exterior with all of your wonderful stamping and embellishing in black is just really striking and beautifully done. <3 Candy

Claudia N. said...

This is awesome, Sandra!

LOVE your schedule book with all the great stuff on the interior pages as well... and the cover is soooo stunning!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Jean Bullock said...

I saw your book at Simon Says Stamp blog and wanted to tell you how great it is. Glad I did too. Got to see more of it.

Sandra said...

Hi Suzanne, thank you so much for your sweet comment! I made the inside myself indeed, I can send you it as a PDF if you like. Yes it's the original color of the paper. It's the kind of kraft wrapping paper, but then in printable size.
Hugs, Sandra

Sandy said...

Well aren't you the clever one!! The cover is wonderful Sandra and the inside looks like you have some great organizational skills going for you. All the texture on the outside is fabulous - don't know the meaning for the number 5 but the clock tells all!
Sandy

Kelly said...

Love the vintage look and the inside papers are perfect. The outside is just fabulous, so many beautiful things on it. I love what you did.
Hugs Kelly

Gráinne said...

Thank you very much for this info. Suzanne X

Gráinne said...

and yes, I'd be indeed very happy if you could send me the pdf file, thanks so much for your kind offer. My address is on my blog profile. Hugs, Suzanne

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous schedule album - the dimension on the cover is so cool, and the black and browns work brilliantly for a really funky look - love it!
Alison x

Annie said...

What a fabulous binder Sandra. I love the interior but your cover is fantastic. A wonderful idea to keep a note.

TFS

Annie x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Absolutely gorgeous book! I just love the way you embellished it, so much fun!

*mwah*
Stephanie
Simon Says Stamp!

Anna-Karin said...

This is so cool Sandra!! Love all the grungy black embossing and the cool layers and embellishments. I am also one of those people who writes 'to do' things on little notes and then the notes get lost among all the papers on my desk. This is a great idea!

selena said...

c'est magnifique!

Debra said...

This is fantastically creative! Love the old time feel. Would you share the inside paper PDF with all of us?

Sandra said...

Hi Debra, Thank you for your lovely comment. I just added the Pdf's for everybody to download. I made them in english, in my binder it's in dutch :). Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Really cool! I SO need to make one of these too!

Terry said...

Sandra, What a fabulous Schedule Book you have created! I love the vintage feel and the rosettes are too cool. You even made the inside pages! You are just so clever! Big Hugs!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a beautiful binder! Love all that layering and all the stars on the cover.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful way to keep yourself organised. Love the pearly touches of glamour.