Monday, May 19, 2014

Botanical inspiration

Hi everyone,

Finally, the weather is getting as you would expect being Spring here in the Netherlands, and the theme of Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is just perfect to celebrate it: Botanical Bliss. DT member Suzanne is in the mood for flowers and other botanical beauty! Hope you are too and will join in!



For this challenge, I really went out of my comfort zone. I don't really use pastel colors often and I rarely make layouts and certainly not with a photo of myself. All the more fun to try it and go for it.



First, I applied a layer of gesso on the pages. Then I the Gelatos came into play to create a background together with water and a baby wipe. For more dimension I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray and a stencil. Love the shimmer that those sprays give!



With Embossing Paste and the exclusive Simon Says Stamp Leaves Stencil I added the leaves. After the paste was completely dry I colored them in with Gelatos that I mixed with water and applied it with a brush. To make the coloring easier, I laid the stencil back before I started coloring.




50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

16 comments:

Patricia said...

WAUW wat heb je dat GAAF gemaakt zeg, enne jij hebt ook van die gave washitape (lol)
Gr Patricia

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... your pages are fabulous and you are so beautiful, Sandra. Love the great stamping and pretty background colors on these pages. :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

GORGEOUS pages Sandra! Love the photo and all the surrounding garden!

Candy C said...

Sandra...your art journal pages are beautiful. I love your background with all of the stenciling and stamping and spritzes of color. Your layered torn papers behind your photograph and the die cut vines and flowers make for a nice "frame". <3 Candy

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty pages Sandra! The background looks fantastic! Love all the stencil work and beautiful blossoms!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Sandra! I love the subtle tones...thanks for the inspiration,
Ingrid

Michelle said...

Your journal pages are beautiful. I love your color palette. So soft and feminine.

Terry said...

Sandra, the pages are so pretty and I love the colors! Such a lovely photo as well! Hugs!

Anna-Karin said...

This is so pretty Sandra and that photo of you is great. The pastel colours and all the textures and leaves are wonderful. Enjoy spring! hugs!

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous pages Sandra and such a beautiful colour palette, which compliments your photo perfectly! Really beautiful!! Hugs...

Jenny Marples said...

So, so beautiful Sandra. You should play with pastels more often! Jenny x

barbarayaya62 said...

Sandra spring is here! Your page is so beautiful!!!! Flowers, leaves and soft colours , every detail is wonderful! BArbarayaya

Maria said...

Sannie, this is one of my all-time favorite projects of yours. I just LOVE this! You did a beautiful job -- you should make more of these layouts!!!

Suzanne C said...

So soft and pretty! Lovely background and the pages are fantastic!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

WOW in capital letters! I do believe this is the first time I've seen you dabble in pastels and you did an AMAZING job with them! This just goes to show what a versatile artist you are and it was sheer pleasure to see you working with a new palette. No matter what colors or styles you incorporate, you always do it beautifully!

Anonymous said...

i just love the colors on this - so stunning!