Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July and SSS Sneak Peek

Hi everyone,

Happy 4th of July to all my American blog friends! Wishing you a most wonderful day! I don't have a 4th of July themed card to share, but something else that's fun also.
The other day I got a surprise in the mailbox! A new stamp set with matching die set from Simon Says Stamp called Road Trip! Both will be released soon along with other new products (check out SSS blog, where the official release will be posted!). But I've got a sneak preview for you now. How much fun is that?

I couldn't wait to get started, so I made this card. It's not my usual style, but it was so much fun to play outside of my comfort zone. 



The clouds are made ​​with the cloud die cut from the exclusive Simon Says Stamp Talk Bubbles 2 die. I cut off the talking bubble bit so it was a normal cloud again. With Broken China Distress Ink I built up the clouds.



The middle part you almost can't see, represents the roadside. This is made with Peeled Paint and the Stripes stencil.
The road is colored with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and the Crackle stencil.
The sun, the car, the suitcases, the stripes on the road and words the Road Trip! are all stamps and die cuts from the new Road Trip! stamp and die set!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

4 comments:

Michelle said...

This is fabulous! I love those clouds. Very cool!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Perfect time for a roadtrip! Love the image and the whole scene!

Billie A said...

Cute card great scene. I love... loved camping / road trips in my younger years.

Jess said...

Great card! Love the way you made the clouds!