Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's day

Hi everyone,

This week it's all about good luck for upcoming St. Patrick's Day over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! It's still two weeks away, but maybe you're already inspired by this holiday.



I'm not really familiar with this Irish holiday. For me it's the color green, clovers, leprechauns and a rainbow with a pot full of gold at the end. I'm inspired by the Lucky 6x6 paper pad of Authentique. The background is made out of strips of pattern paper of the paper pad.



This shade of green is not my favorite color, and the pattern was also very busy. Time for a coat of Gesso to make everything a little less intense. It was important that the background with show through, so I only have applied a thin layer. A little color is needed again, and now with my favorite shades of green, Cracked Pistachio and Crushed Olive. I applied it with my fingers, especially along the edges.
The layers I gave more dimension and interest, by are using stencils and stamps.





50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

13 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Glorious mix of patterns, paper, texture and color! A wonderful celebration of ST. Patty's Day!

Mona Pendleton said...

What an awesome mixed media project Sandra! Great mix of patterned papers and paint! Thanks for the inspiration!

Terry said...

Sandra, I kept looking at all the details! I love your St. Paddy's Day project with so much interest and great texture! This is sure to bring you the luck of the Irish! Hugs!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Sandra,

I absolutely love your project - the colors,the small details!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love the beautiful colors and patterns you created on the background. Great design, Sandra. :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I LOVE St. Patrick's Day, and we celebrate at my house! LOVE this, and all the patterns and colors. Cool stitching too!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

The shades of greens and blues and teals here are just stunning! I like that you went with all sorts of shades and didn't stick to just "traditional" green. Love all that fabulous pattern and texture, too. A lovely piece from every angle!

Maura said...

Great distressed card for the holiday! Love green!

barbarayaya62 said...

wonderful mix of colors, pattern and textures! great work! barbarayaya

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful layers of colors, texture and stamps, love your creation!

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous card with so many wonderful layers to feast your eyes on ~ gorgeous work, Sandra! Hugs... :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love all the piecing and color alterations you made to make this beautiful paper quilt. Blessings!

Electra said...

This is fantastic! I love the layers and all the wonderful details of your background and don't think I have ever seen St Paddy's Day celebrated so well! Thanks for playing along with us at Opus Gluei!