Monday, July 20, 2015

Inky fun

Hi everyone,

A new Monday brings a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge with it! It's a letter challenge called "I scream for ...". Are the creative juices started flowing? We're very curious about your creations!


I chose I for Inks. Ink is one of my most favorite mediums. You have it in many different types, spray ink, stamp ink, acrylic ink, marker ink. Mostly the spray inks were the inspiration for this art journal spread.



The first layer that I applied was with Gesso, so I can play a little more with the ink spray. I then applied the Honeycomb stencil with some white Crackle Texture Paste. I love the crackle effect! Especially if you go over it with ink, whether it's ink stamp, spray or ink stains, doesn't matter. It gives the crackle a more intense effect. Love it!



Most ink sprays that I've used for this spread, I made myself with mica powder from Primary Elements and water, but also with Perfect Pearls and Distress Reinkers. I've also used the regular spray ink like Distress Spray Stain and Glimmer mist. I do like a spray with a bit of glimmer in it. That gives it more depth.





50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

11 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Wonderful pages, Sandra, love the texture and different blues!

Unknown said...

Awesome journal page!!! Love the effect of texture paste applied through stencil...

Mary Elizabeth said...

Hi Sandra -- this is gorgeous. Love the ink with all the tape and texture paste and crackle. So many wonderful elements to look at and a great sense of balance to the whole spread. I want to work spray inks a little more. Maybe this week. Thanks for the inky inspiration :) -- Mary Elizabeth

Marianne C said...

All that ink is gorgeous! Love the blues, the texture, the different kinds of ink!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW!!! LOVE the tones, the crackle, the layers! Gorgeous spread!

Maura said...

You have some lovely textures in here! Loving all the blues and stamping.

Meihsia Liu said...

Great pages, Sandra. Love the beautiful colors. :)

Emma Williams said...

Wow! These pages are fabulous and I adore all the texture and the beautiful colour palette ~ just wonderful, Sandra! Hugs... :)

Suzanne C said...

Look at all that gorgeous texture on your pages! Wow! Beautiful!

Michelle said...

Those crackles!!! I LOVE them! Great page, Sannie!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I'm a little late with my comments this week, but I truly adore what you've done here-- especially the cool trick with the crackle paint and Honeycomb stencil! Thanks for the inspiration!