Monday, March 21, 2016

Yummy Art Journal Spread with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about Food and/or Drinks. Are you addicted to coffee or enjoy a nice cup of tea, or maybe you're inspired by food and/or drinks in another way, please share your creation with us!



Last week, I received my shopping spree and I couldn't wait to go play with everything I picked out, and what better than to try them all is by playing around in an art journal. I had some trouble with the theme of this week. But I had found some liquor and milk labels in the Ephemera Melange from Prima Marketing and and made them into my starting point. I really love the Silicone Brush Media Prima Marketing. It's so easy to clean. Then when I started with Distress Crayons, coincidentally all the colors I've used were named after food, I wasn't happy with the look. Quickly I applied another layer of Gesso on top of it and had to try something new. My new inspiration was to use food named products.

 

Talking about something new, I've applied a layer of Prima Marketing Art Alchemy Magic Blue Opal - Gold paint on top of it all. Wow! That is some cool stuff! It has a great shimmer, but the magic is that the color of the background makes what color it becomes! Like the Blue-Gold, this is baby blue on light surfaces and gold on dark surfaces. How amazing is that?! Love it!



After I'd applied this paint, I was a lot happier and that the Distress Crayons were still subtle underneath. That gave it such a beautiful effect. Now it was time for contrast, and another product I wanted to use from my shopping spree was the Industrial stencil. I used the last of the Embossing Paste which I've colored with Black Soot.



I also have many layers applied with stamps, ink, paint, washi tape and Twisted Citron Distress Crayon. For some reason it looks so much brighter in the photo and video than in real life. In real life Opal Magic is much more baby blue. I'm not sure how to capture it on video and photos properly.



For all the steps I made to create this yummy art journal spread, see the video below.



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

16 comments:

Lorraine A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous pages Sandra I love the whole coffee theme and there background colours and textures are fabulous! the whole design is awesome! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Annie said...

Stunning journal pages Sandra x love all of your creative details. The background colours look wonderful. Thank you for a great step by step too

Tfs and best wishes
Annie x

Macarena said...

BEAUTIFUL <3 This is really too long a whole week to wait for your fabulous videos! I'm addicted... Love your projects! You're fantastic! Hugs, Marzena

Maura said...

What a clever take, Sandra! Your pages are beautiful and I love that they are black and white with just hints of color.

Stephanie said...

Absolutely stunning journaling pages, Sandra! The texture just pops off the page!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I love that new stencil, and love the black through it. These pages are so you...FUN!!!

Sandy said...

Oh wow Sandra - so dramatic in the black and white. You videos are fun and I enjoy watching them. You have such freedom in your makes. I am far to contrived I am afraid.
sandy xx

Greta said...

Very artistic & beautiful!

Barbara said...

every week look curiously at your video!!! Love it! this page is wonderful and I love so much how you've shown new Prima Opal magic! fantastic! Barbara

Catherine said...

Your journal page is stunning with all the details and I'm loving the color palette. As always, I love watching your videos and seeing the process. Cathie <3

Kath Stewart said...

Wow Sandra...this is stunning...love the soft colours in the background...the texture from your embossing paste is magical and I need to get me some of that gorgeous Blue Gold...who doesn't love a bit of shimmer...hugs kath xxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your gorgeous journal pages, Sandra. You always create such beautiful colors and texture on your project. Great inspiration! :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I love your unique take on our challenge theme! And of course, every time I see one of your journal pages, I want to climb into your journal and live there for a while!

Emma Williams said...

Stunning pages and I LOVE your interpretation of the theme...these are amazing Sandra and I love them! Hugs... :)

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Love this page! You are always so unique and clever with your projects and interpretations! hugs xx Zoey