Monday, December 11, 2017

Christmas Miss You card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Christmas/Winter Holidays".


This Christmas card was made for my sweet friend who recently moved to Australia. I already miss her immensely and the Simon Says Stamp Script Miss You die of the DieCember release was a perfect match to let her know that. First I gave the background some color with Nuvo Mousse in Aquamarine and Pure Platinum, which I applied with the Mini Ink Blending Tool. I played on the top of the card with Infusions A bit Jaded and on the bottom with Iced Spruce in Distress Oxide and Ink.



 

When everything was dry I've made a mix of Transparent Gloss Texture Paste and Mica Powder Pale Silver and applied it through the Dot Fade stencil. To really make them stand out as rounded dots, I heated it with the heat tool while it was still drying.

  

The Tree Line die cut I've given some color using Distress Ink Forest Moss, Ground Espresso, and Distress Oxide Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain. With some mist from the Distress Sprayer the ink reacted and that gives a super cool effect. Yes and then the Flamingo ...! You will think, why is there a flamingo on this Christmas card ...? As I've already told you, my sweet friend and her husband moved to Australia and it's there now about 28 degrees Celsius, not really winter temperatures, plus she likes flamingos very much, so I liked to incorporate it into her Christmas card.

VIDEO:







SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, I am sure your friend will love this! I enjoyed watching your video and love how you made the background. I have a few shades of Nuvo Mousse and rarely use it so I am going to dig them out now and give them a whirl :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

This is so pretty, Sandra, and your friend will love it! I love the mixture of the Nuvo Mousse with the Infusions to give a nice shimmer to the background. So clever!

Cathie ♥

Macarena said...

Oh thank you Sweetie for this movie! Since I do not own a tv I am waiting for your videos impatiently every week :-) The background is AMAZING. I love your use of mouses as inks. Great shiny effect. I love how you colored the flamingo, it's so real! And I guess I can see some new washi in da house! Great card, I will move far away too only to getting such a pretty cards! Hugs, Macarena.

Maura said...

Now that is one majestic flamingo, Sandra! Bigger than the trees, I love that! Love the bubbly texture, colors and the contrast with the bird. Absolutely a delight! hugs, Maura

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card, and your friend will surely love it. Hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

Love your unconventional Christmas card! your flamingo is absolutely fabulous and you chose a fantastic color for him! Love the background too! Barbara

Anonymous said...

always inspiring work

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I can honestly say that I've never seen a flamingo on a Christmas card before! I love how original you are and this is so unique, yet totally lovable and stunning.

Emma Williams said...

What a great card and I love that you've used a flamingo...so, so original and totally unique, it's fabulous Sandra! Hugs :)

Anna-Karin said...

This card is fantastic! I love the idea of using a flamingo on a Christmas card, and it works so well for a summer Christmas. The background is gorgeous. I am so sorry your friend moved that far away, she is going to be very happy to get this card. Hugs!!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fantastic holiday card, Sandra. Love the beautiful layered embellishments and pretty texture on this piece. :)

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Sandra, I'm sure your friend is missing you and will love the special card you made for her...hugs kath xxx