Monday, April 20, 2020

Scenic Route art journal spread with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Create a Scene".


I was in the mood for an art journal spread, that's perfect to create a scene. I was inspired by a few live shows for this project, as there are so many at the moment, and I'm loving it. The art journal was inspired on Finnabair Youtube live and on Tim Holtz Facebook live. I placed a big order after seeing those.

 

So I started with a page out of an old book and adhered it to with Soft Matte Gel to a sheet of cardstock and gave it a coat of White Gesso. Next I applied Texture Paste with the Swirly Florals stencil. Then it was time for a building up the background with Washi Tape, Urban Layers and Whisper Collectables. I gave it a coat of Clear Gesso, so I could start building up colors. I started with Liquid Acrylics Burnt Siena and Carmine, that I mixed with water in a spray bottle. Then I added them with a brush and sprayed it with water, there is a theme here  ;). The next paint was Metallique Flame, Spring Blossom, and Opal Magic Yellow-Pink. The Metallique Flame I also mixed with Nuvo Shimmer Powder and Liquid Acrylics Burnt Siena to make it darker and a different shade.

  

From the Facebook live of Tim Holtz I learned the trick to stamp the Entomolgy stamps perfect onto the matching die cut. What a need trick! I really had trouble lining those out after stamping. I colored them with Distress Ink and Infusions. And added them to the Garden Greens, a Wildflower and the branch of the Small Tattered Floral dies.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:




As you may know, the  Simon Says Stamp Store is accepting new orders, but have longer shipping times for the moment due to the coronavirus. With this in mind we have made the difficult decision to suspend the $50 voucher for this challenge.

We know that many people are staying safe at home and we would love it if you would continue to enter the challenges and have fun! We are all in this together!

To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge.
So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

2 comments:

Mia said...

Wow Sandra. Your spread is simply amazing. You are a very talented lady. Thank you so much for the video tutorial. Very inspiring for an amateur like me. I am you new follower. Hugs from Greece.

PaNaRoo said...

Wow, erg mooi en wat een mooie tutorial!😊😉