Monday, January 25, 2021

Birthday Time card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "XXX".


It's been a very long time since I had used the Gel Plate and I had inspiration to use it. I find it very difficult to make color combinations with the Gel Plate, not all paint is equally opaque, and sometimes a last layer will ruin the project. So I stuck with only black paint, and with black I have lots of contrast. I used Black Soot Distress Paint along with the Clockwork stencil. What a cool effect the Gel Plate gives!

 

I finally got my hands onToner Ink and this was the first time that I used it and I'm really impressed with the result. First I watched the Heidi Swapp insta TV with Tim Holtz to see how it works with a brayer, because that is a much easier and more efficient way to use the Toner Ink then using it with a stamping pad that dries out. After the Foil, I applied some texture with the Deco Arch stencil and Texture Paste and colored it with Infusions In The Navy, Green Man and Olive Tree.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:




To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $25 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra


3 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra :-) the dark background is fabulous and I love the little angel, so cute!!
I am going to sit back and watch the video of how you made this now :-)

Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Maura said...

Definitely a dark and mysterious card, Sandra! Love the gorgeous textures! hugs, Maura

Beulah Bee said...

Love it!