Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Grunge paper bracelet

Hi everyone,

It's been almost a week since I've posted a message! Sorry about that! Time flies! Last weekend was my birthday and I was so busy with organizing and stuff, that I didn't had the time to spend time in my craft room. Yesterday I wanted to make the bracelet, but I was so tired that I enjoyed the evening in front of my television laying on the couch. I needed that.
Well now to continue with my creation. A grunge paper bracelet. I'm entering this bracelet for Grungy Monday 33 and Simon Says Stamp and Show. For Grungy Monday we had to use the technique that Tim has done in August 2008 contest on his blog. And for Simon Says Stamp and Show we had to make something other than a card.






I've kept it pretty simple. First I cut the Grunge Paper to the right size (2.5 x 20 cm). Then I embossed with the swirls embossing folder. After that I painted it with paint dabber on both sides. After it was dry I sanded it with sandpaper. Then I applied alcohol ink on the film strip. When it was completely dry I did the technique that Tim used in the challenge. This time it went very well. I'm getting better at this technique. Unfortunately it is almost covered by the embellishments. I have not really thought it true at the beginning ... You can see some of it in the second photo. I did not know what to put behind the film strip, but found ribbon I used the last time a good idea. So I grabbed white ribbon and colored it with distress stains. Then I made ​​the holes and put the embellishments and the press stud last.

The materials used for the grunge paper bracelet.

Bitty Grunge - Stamp Set
Embossing folders - Burlap and Swirls set
Film Strip Ribbon - Idea-ology
Sanding Grip - Idea-ology
Vagabond
Paint Dabbers - Espresso
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Alcohol Ink Applicator
Alcohol Ink - Copper Mixative
Alcohol Ink - Lettuce
Alcohol Ink - Pool
Alcohol ink - Stream
Distress Stains - Wild Honey
Press studs
Foliage - Idea-ology
Grunge Paper
Retractable Craft Pick


Thanks for stopping by. Till next time!
Sandra

18 comments:

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Oh My Word Sandra! You have made your own bracelet! It is absolutely gorgeous & you really are mastering each and every technique - it looks wonderful. I love the embossing and embellishments and studs...It looks like it's made from a really fine leather! Stunning, Big Hugs, Teresa xx

Shelly Hickox said...

So cool! I was working on one of these last night. Love all the embellishments you used!

Sandy said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Guess who got pictures of your work today - I DID! Was about to give up but a miracle happened!! Your bracelet is fantastic and you or showing true talent - so happy I got pictures this time!!!!!
sandy

Sandy said...

You do know that or is supposed to be an are !

Anonymous said...

Hey Sannie, HELEMAAL GEWELDIG!!! Wat ontzettend leuk zeg, en deze armband past ook zo goed bij jou. Slim gedaan.
Tot vanavond & een dikke kus,
Liefs,
Leintje*

Anonymous said...

Ik ben op m'n werk dus ik kan weer niet anders dan anonymous te reageren, dat is iets wat ik nog steeds niet begrijp, maar ik ben het dus...hahaha

Liefs,
Leintje*

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous bracelet, you would never know it was from Grungepaper, very effective and perfectly embellished. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Hello. Your grunge bracelet is really awesome! I love the film strip ribbon across the grungepaper and then the foliage embellishments. Very cool! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Uber cool girl!!! Love that it's thin and loaded with flowers! I will have to give this a try sometime! Fantastic work here!!! And the blog looks great!

PsyPenguin said...

Fab bracelet, love the flowers. x

Patricia said...

WAUWIE Sandra wat GAAAAAAAAAF zeg.
Toppie gemaakt!!!!!
Groet Patricia

Paula Whittaker said...

fab bracelet...have to admit I love making them too out of grungepaper and grungeboard.

Marjie Kemper said...

So beautiful! THe filmstrip is a great touch. Love it.

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Hey San,

Ik ga zo meedoen aan een fotokaart challenge, heel leuk allemaal! Je kan er een crakcle stempel van Tim Holtz winnen, dat is dus echt wat voor jou. Doe je ook mee, dit is de link waar alles staat: http://dutchcardlovers.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-123.html

Liefs & Dikke Kus,
Lein*

PS Heb je nog wat gewonnen gisteren?

Deb Neerman said...

What a fabulous idea ... I have some film strip ribbon already alcohol-inked-up (good wordage, huh?!?) and ready to go. Thank you for the inspiration!

wendyp said...

gorgeous bracelet!!! I think I might have to pick up some grungeboard and give this a go!

Marjie Kemper said...

WooHoo! Congrats on your Simon Says win.... that's fantastic!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Yay, yay, yay!!! Congrats to you!!!