Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Girl

Hi everyone,

I wanna begin this post to thank Terry for being on this amazing DT and for all that she did as this is her last challenge with us. She is so talented and that didn't go unnoticed, because she joined two other DT's! Terry, I wanna wish you the best of luck. I will keep in touch my friend!

Yippy, it's my birthday today and I'm in the mood for a little party! That's great, because Simon Says Stamp and Show has another amazing challenge for us and it's one where we can go crazy with lace and doilies! Something I need to do more often! I have enough doily stamps and lots of lace to do so! I did manage to not go overboard with this one. Well I think I didn't....



Celebrating my birthday always makes me happy, even though it means that I've become another year older. Think it's particularly nice to see my friends all together. And happy is the just word for this tag. The quote from Audrey Hepburn is so true!



For the background I used bright happy colors, such as Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves Distress ink. On the edges I stamped the half Maya Road Doily stamps. I think the mini gears also look like doilies, don't you agree?



Finally I used my Vintage Lace die, that I bought more than a month ago and hadn't used yet. Shame on me! Whahaha!



To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

26 comments:

Patricia said...

Hey Sandra HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Je tag is weer PRACHTIG!!!!
Groetjes Patricia

Sonia said...

Happy Birthday dear Sandra. Ohhh i love this tag. The colours are great and all the details....just great. Hugs. Sonia

Marjie Kemper said...

Happy Birthday, Sandra! Love your rich red tag with the fab lace border. Hope you have a terrific day, today.

Unknown said...

What a gloriously happy tag! Love it. Love Audrey Hepburn too. It's funny what you said about gears looking like doilies, because I was looking at some doilies yesterday thinking how much they looked like gears :-) Maddy x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Happy Birthday Sandra, hope my card arrived. Have a wonderful day. Love your tag, what a striking colour palette and I love the stamping and the trim across the bottom. Lovely. Enjoy your week flower. Tracy x

Tapeva said...

This is a very girly one...I like the dramatic mix of colours softened by the lace delicate pattern...

Terry said...

Did you keep your birthday a secret or did I just miss something??? Happy Birthday, Sandra! I hope your day is absolutely the best! Love this hot pink and black combination and those doilies! What a great sentiment and yes, so true! Big Birthday Hugs!

Cis-sy said...

Hoi Sandra,
Gefeliciteerd!!!! Ik hoop dat je een super leuke dag hebt gehad.
en je tag is Super!!! echt heel netjes gedaan en zeker niet "Over the top" ;)

XOXO Cis

Anna-Karin said...

Happy Birthday Sandra!! I hope you are having a super fun day!! Gorgeous tag! Love the sentiment, colours and all the stamped doilies.

crealinedance said...

Hoi mooie tag met deze warme kleur.gr.Nel

Terry said...

Hey Sandra, thank you so so much for your very sweet comment I will never forget you my dear friend. And offcourse we will stay in touch birthday girl. Thank you so much
And I want to wish you a happy happy birthday dear friend, I hope you will be spoiled rotten and having a fabulous day. Fabulous project too, beautifull colors and the images are just great, thankssss for sharing sweetie. Hugs Terry xxxxx

ria gall said...

Hi Sandra
Wishing you a very happy birthday I hope you day has been a good one.
I love you tag the colour is so strong and the lace stamp very pretty.
Ria

Jenny Marples said...

Happy Birthday Sandra!!!! Hope you have had THE BEST DAY EVER! What a fantastic tag to celebrate! LOVE your choice of colours/stamps and that fabulous sentiment. What a wonderfully inspiring crafter you are. Hugs, Jenny x

Suzanne C said...

Happy Belated birthday! Love the lacy trim on this tag. The colors are so rich and striking! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Love your tag :)

AJ said...

Happy Belated Birthday, what a great creation… i love the colors… I think Picked Raspberries and Seedless Preserves is one of the best colour combos i have seen of late… great tag!!!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Hey San, prachtige kleuren zeg!! Mooie tag en de `mini gear` kan inderdaad prima door in dit thema als doilies. Je verjaardags feest was echt kei leuk!!!

Liefs,
Leintje*

Norma Gomez said...

Gorgeous tag, love that bold color! Happy Birthday!!!

Words and Pictures said...

That's some glamorous lace work - so French boudoir!! Love it...
Alison x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Loving this project, Sannie! The bright pink and black contrast is gorgeous!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful! Love the red! The silhouette is great here as well!

Candy C said...

Hey Sandra...Happy Birthday once again! Your tag is so pretty. Love the vivid red background. The black stamping against it is so striking! The silhouette in the center really pops. And the sentiment is so funny...love it! <3 Candy

Laurart said...

I adore how vibrant this is - most people think of delicate colours when lace is mentioned (myself included) but this is such a wonderfully dramatic but still very feminine creation - I think it is wonderful!

Maria said...

Love this tag! It is so fun and girly but totally grungy!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That's a stunning tag! I love that rich red and how the lace shapes stand out. Blessings!

Sandy said...

I think someone stole my comment - I know I looked at this earlier - beautiful. Well done Sandra!
Sandy