Monday, January 21, 2013

It's my party!

Hi everyone,

The weather here in the Netherlands is very wintery! It is very cold and slippery outside. Fortunately Simon Says Stamp and Show a new challenge for us to keep us busy and inside! It's one that makes you think a bit, at least that's what I had to do. The challenge is, "What I'm known for"? I had to dig deep to figure out what I'm known for, and I think it's my use of embellishments. Like the wooden stars, and jute twine. I use both almost for all my projects when I get the chance. In daily life I'm known as the lemonade girl, especially at work. I don't like coffee and don't drink tea often... I drink lemonade all day... Not the best thing for me, I know...



Anyway, on with the card that I made. It is the invitation that I have sent to my friends for my birthday party I recently gave. I started with a white background and made some spletters with Glimmer mist and Dylusion Sprays. Then with stamps and distress ink made ​​some texture. I love the Sew Stampers! Although the ink really stays wet for a long time, have you noticed that? And put a bunch of washi tape on it. The Memory Box Alphabet Dies are really great. Gorgeous font! Love that they are separable.









To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

21 comments:

Patricia said...

Wat een SUPER gave kaart zeg, heel mooi zo met wit/zwart/ aqua!!!
Groetjes Patricia

Jenny Marples said...

What a fantastic set of invites. You didn't keep it simple with these did you!! I love how you use washi tape because it always looks like it needs to be there (rather than just for decoration if that makes sense) and you are never shy with colours. Love this and I bet the people who received these are going to treasure them. Hugs, Jenny x

Cis-sy said...

Hoi Sandra!
Super gave kaarten zeg!!! en ik vind jouw Tim Tag ook gaaf geworden!

Groetjes Cis. xxx

Cornelie said...

Wat een gave kaart!! Super gedaan en wat een mooie kleuren!!

Sarah said...

This is a fabulous card...I love your colours and modem, snazzy design. It looks just great and those tapes are perfect with the letters.. You definitely know how to work those embellishments! Sarah.

Candy C said...

Sandra...your card is so pretty. I love all of the colors you've used. Black and white with that splash of blue is amazing! Your use of the washi tapes on this looks amazing. I love the design! I'm sure your friend had to be quite pleased with these invitations! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hellow Lemonade Girl lol, I love your invite and I always love your embellishments and touches to twine/jute. Great layout here and I love your use of tapes. Enjoy your week. Tracy x x

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous card! Love all the horizontal lines and your neat embellishments!

May said...

love this one - and all the detail! Thanks for sharing the process photos - and for always inspiring me so very much!! :)

Maria said...

Love the colors and theme of your invite!! And I love your embellishments, it is definitely you! :)

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

En natuurlijk ook de washi tape!! Dat is ook echt zo jou (vind ik dan he). Zoals altijd weer een prachtige kaart met jouw kleuren blauw en natuurlijk de favo Peacock Feathers. Nou ik ga het ook eens proberen...

Liefs,
Leintje*

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely!!!!

Annie said...

Hi Sandra.......this is fabulous. I love the background and embellishments. Stunning invitations

TFS
Annie x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Sannie! I must agree with you that I recognize you for being fantastic at picking and placing embellishments on your projects and this piece is of no exception! I love the palette too :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Sandra said...

Hey petra, bedankt voor je lieve commentaar en om antwoord te geven op je vraag, alle washi tape staat in mijn productlijst en kan gekocht worden bij Simon Says Stamp! Hugs, Sandra

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful use of embellishments and I think they are perfect! I think of color when I think of your designs too! Always a beautiful combination of colors!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous and artsy here! Love your color scheme, and all the washi tape use. You are great with embellishment and know when to stop unlike myself...lol! Glad to be working with you!

Words and Pictures said...

These are so cool, Sandra - the tape looks fantastic, and I love the texty and splattery background!
Alison x

Claudia N. said...

What an awesome background for these awesome invitations, Sandra!!! Love the colours veeery very much!

Hugs,
Claudia

Anonymous said...

Fabulous creation!!

Sandy said...

Well I guess I am very, very late in wishing you a Happy Birthday! I guess the magic number is 33? And you look 16! I would say you were known for your originality! As Alison said - "so cool".
Sandy