Monday, November 21, 2011

Grungy Monday 28 & SSS&S some tickets

Hi everyone,

It's Monday again and that means Grungy Monday and Simon Says Stamp and Show. For Grungy Monday we have to use metal tape and alcohol inks for the technique Tim Holtz used in the Ranger Ink Great Pumpkin Challenge . Unfortunately I have neither, so I worked with alternatives, aluminum foil and paint dabber. Hopefully, that's not a problem. And if so, I certainly had much fun making this tag. It's so grungy looking with the old metal look, and I'm very pleased with the result.
The theme for Simon Says Stamp and Show is show some tickets. And luckily I had Tim Holtz tickets in my stash and the other day I recieved more tickets that I could use as well.
 
Here is the result:





The materials I used:
  
  • Distress Ink: vintage photo, walnut stain, paint peeled
  • Embossing powder: copper, black soot
  • Grunge paper die cut gears
  • Spinner
  • Gear
  • Clock
  • Hinge clip
  • Mesh
  • Paint dabber: Pitch Black
  • Alumimium foil
  • Tickets: Tim Holtz
  • Stamps: Tim Holtz
  • Flower: Prima Marketing

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sandra

16 comments:

Candy C said...

Hi Sandra. Your pocket tag is lovely. You did a wonderful job of including tickets to it! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week! <3 Candy

Ruby Craft said...

Sandra, It is a wonderful tag! Even without the Alcohol Inks you captured the rich look of the foil dry embossing and coloring. Love it!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Oooo wat mooi! Hij ziet er geweldig uit! Ik vind dat jij altijd zo goed bent in grungy monday! en die tickets for Simon Say Stamp and Show zien er ook geweldig uit!

For me you are a winner!

Liefs,
Leintje*

Anonymous said...

This is great - Love the tin foil; I don't have any metal sheets either - now I just want to go play with tin foil!!

Dan said...

Great tag - I love the layering and the texture on the foil! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Evelyn S. said...

One would never guess that you don't have all the supplies! Your tag is a fabulous creation with wonderful details.

Marjie Kemper said...

Killer tag! Great substitutions. I love this look 100%!

Alison said...

Gorgeous tag! Love it! x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wonderful! Fabulous make Sandra. Kim

fairy thoughts said...

great tag i love the steam punk look it goes so well with this technique
janet

Tracey A. in NH said...

Awesome tag! I love how you created the pocket with the foil!

Shelann said...

The pocket is so clever and the colors ND THEME WORK WELL TOGETHER.

Electra said...

I love this, so creative and very vintage!

Yvonne said...

MOOI label Sandra! Lekker vintage, mooie materialen gebruikt, leuk met het ticket aan het clipje, het klokje, het tandwiel met wijzer, allemaal erg mooi!
Groetjes van Yvon

Maria said...

Another beauty!

Sandy said...

Love it!!!
Sandy