Monday, January 6, 2014

The teal and aqua blues

Hi everyone,

Here we are again with a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. The first of the new year, and the theme is January Blues. Got the post holiday blues, it's rainy and drizzly weather where you are? Whether you like the color blue just very much. Then join in the fun



My favorites shades of blue are teal and aqua. I cut out a piece of corrugated cardboard the size of a #8 manila tag, and with the Retractable Pick I removed in some places the top layer so that the corrugation became visible. To give it some sort of whitewash effect I have applied Gesso randomly. And to give it a blue touch I'm went lighty over it the Pool Paint Dabber.



For the Mini Rosette I first covered the cardstock with the Scattered Dots washi tape before I went through my Vagabond. This way you can make your own pattern paper. The brad on top of it is from American Crafts.


To bring more structure to the tag, I colored some Modeling Paste with Classic Teal Studio Paint colored and used it ​​with one of my new favorites the Dot Fade stencil.
50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

20 comments:

Anna-Karin said...

This tag is fabulous Sandra!! Love the background and the stencilled dots (that stencil is a favourite of mine too). Great idea using the washi tape to make the flower. Stunning colours!

Deborah said...

Love everything about this tag. Fab!

Patricia said...

Heel gaaf Sandra!!!!
Gr Patricia

Anonymous said...

beautiful! love that rosette!

Candy C said...

Sandra..your tag is really pretty. I love the corrugated background and the bright blue you've added on top of it. The rosette and little brown arrow are nice embellishments! <3 Candy

Marjie Kemper said...

This is so gorgeous. The blue dots seem to float over the exposed corrugate. Love it! Happy New Year, my friend.

Michelle said...

Fun tag, Sandra! I like the distressed corrugated with the blue. Great combination. But my favorite part is at the bottom; "life is good".

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous tag Sandra , imlove the corrugated card and your bold design. Love the blues too. Happy New Year. Tracy x

Terry said...

Cardboard never looked so blue! Love this, Sandra! I could not help myself and that flower is an absolute gem! Hope you are have a wonderful 2014! Big Hugs!

Annie said...

Hi Sandra......love the rustic appeal of your gorgeous tag. TFS and Best Wishes for a very Happy and Creative New Year

Annie x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

So pretty, Sannie! This cures my winter blues for sure! I love the corrugated board :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Sandy said...

Wow!!!!! You clever lady - wonderful tag. Beautifully done Sandra and I love seeing through to the browns. Of course, what would life be without your signature stars. You are a star kid and YES I am plenty old enough to be your MUM!!!
Sandy

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous tag Sandra! Love all the dimension and mix of colors! Your rosette looks fabulous!

cheiron said...

What a wonderful tag. Great texture and colors!!!

Klara said...

Your tag is really gorgeous. I love the corrugated background. Great combination of color and just right embellishments. :)

Suzanne C said...

Just gorgeous! Love the cardboard tag exposed with the layers of blue! Fabulous shades of blue!

Meihsia Liu said...

This tag is so fabulous, Sandra. I love the beautiful textures and the pretty shades of blue. :)

Debra said...

Love the use of the corrugated cardboard and the blue theme, it's so organic...thank you for the inspiration.

barbarayaya62 said...

this tag is absolutely fantastic! love the rosettes, the corrugated cardboard , blue, white and kraft is one of my favourite combo!!! Gorgeous tag!!!! BArbarayaya

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Love, love, LOVE how you manipulated the corrugated cardboard. You have such sheer talents for combining common elements in all sorts of extraordinary ways. Beautiful piece, yet again!